CHAPTER 20 - Ready for battle (Part I)

After a short but fierce battle of splashing water against each other and laughing about Yoongi and his bizarre behavior, Taehyung decides it's time to move on to the next activity

After a short but fierce battle of splashing water against each other and laughing about Yoongi and his bizarre behavior, Taehyung decides it's time to move on to the next activity. Which consists of a simple moment of stretching our limbs to avoid any injuries.

Jin tells you that usually, every member has their own routine when stretching and warming-up. Sometimes they imitate each other. Although most of the time this happens when they are fooling around or doing some live streaming videos for their "Armies".

Since today is a special occasion, however, everyone is following little Tae. As he is the one in charge of coordinating most games with the assistance of Jungkook.

Jesse handles our humble DJ position by playing a list of songs the two boys have previously chosen. While maintaining the task of recording all our actions so that the two boys back at the hospital can, later on, enjoy this crazy conception.

Everyone jokes around half-heartedly as we mimic Tae's moves.

This includes sticking our tongues at each other, elbowing one another and pushing others around you and vice-versa.

As we finish the stretching routine, Jungkook disappears only to return with a thick rope in hand. "Okay everyone," Taehyung announces when he has the rope in his hands. "We will start by doing a game of tug!" he exclaims.

"Since we are six, we will divide ourselves into two groups of three people each," he continues to explain. "And to make this fair," Jungkook brings out a long, black jar. "We will each pull out a wooden stick from the jar."

"There are blue sticks as well as red sticks. Three of each," he tells everyone with a permanent smile. "Once we all pick a wooden stick we can begin our death battle," he whispers the last part with a dramatic spookiness to his tone for special effects.

Namjoon goes first.

He pulls out a red wooden stick.

Jin follows, taking out a blue stick.

Yoongi draws a red one.

You draw a blue one.

Jin offers you a hi-five and a grin for becoming his teammate.

Jungkook extracts a red one, which leaves Taehyung with you and Jin as part of the blue team.

"Oh, this will be a devastating defeat," Jungkook taunts when he realizes that the strength balance between the members is unbalanced.

"Excuse you, but I hope you are referring to this awesome team right here," Jin retorts, sliding an arm over your shoulders.

You smile innocently.

With Jin-oppa so close to you, you realize that he has quite an amount of muscle, as well as very broad shoulders.

"Do you work-out a lot?" You ask Jin out-loud without thinking.