CHAPTER 16 - When Walmart brings out the competitive side

The moment you walk into the kitchen you encounter the most ridiculous scene ever

The moment you walk into the kitchen you encounter the most ridiculous scene ever. Jesse, Jungkook, and V are getting scolded by Jin about something related to cooking while Namjoon slices some vegetables with the direction of Suga. 

Seokjin is angrily pointing at a burned pan that has a strange, black substance in it while telling them they can't enter the kitchen without supervision from someone who has cooking experience. The most hilarious thing is the fact that Jesse doesn't understand Korean yet has her face down like a wounded puppy while the three of them sit on the counter stools. 

Jin paces at the other side of the counter and gives them a deadly stare before sending them off. 

All three of them scurry out of Jin’s heated gaze and disappear from the kitchen in less than five seconds. Which you consider might the fastest escape Jesse has done in her entire life as not even when her parents scold her has she run so fast. It makes you pity her but you also feel slightly bothered by the blackened pan. 

It's even more surprising to see that Namjoon hasn't been kicked out yet when he's the first one to make a mess of the kitchen tools. Instead, he's quietly cutting with a knife with the supervision of Suga, who is preparing the meat you took out from the fridge beside him. 

Jin notices you even though you are standing half hidden by the hallway and flattens his hair back before taking a deep breath. You choose to leave your spot since you've been discovered and take another look at the burned pan. 

Even though it smells bad you can still identify the contents of what would have been a mushroom sauce if it had not been burned this badly. It's a sad sight because you love mushrooms and you specially bought them in Walmart to make something delicious with them later on. 

“I won't ask,” you tell Jin when he steps beside you. 

“I think that actually comforts me a little,” he mumbles as he takes the pan and empties the burned mess into the trash can. 

“If it's of any consolation, this is not the first pan Jesse has ruined,” you say as you observe the ingredients have been taken out by Seokjin. 

“Trust me, it's not the first time for those two either,” Yoongi says as he finishes with the meat. 

“I’m sorry for ruining this though,” Jin whispers as he eyes the blackened pan with pity. 

“Nah, that's okay,” you tell him with a smile. “Even though I bought everything with my card I will be reimbursed later after everything is over,” you say as you spot flour, eggs, and oil in one of the counter-tops. 

“Great!” Yoongi beams at you. 

“We still feel bad about it,” Namjoon mutters, elbowing Suga lightly and giving him an unreadable stare. 

“Don’t be,” you say to Namjoon, shaking your hands. “Anyways, what were you up to? With the ingredients I see around I can tell the snacks I was about to make were going to be turned into...pasta?” You tilt your head to the side and lift an eyebrow, expressing your question dramatically.