Introduction and Chapter 1

Introduction

I can't handle it anymore. I can't handle my stupid family! Always abusing me and each other, but the biggest toll is on me. I really dreaded the fact that I had to go home, since it was the end of the school day. Thursday, ugh, why couldn't it be Friday, and I could just grab my stuff and leave my house and wander the streets?
I was at the end of the hallway of my apartment building now, and I could already hear it.

The yelling.
Uhh how sick I was of the yelling.

I took a deep breath and walked to the door. The yelling had gotten so much louder now. I paused before I opened the door, then as quiet as I could I opened it, trying not to be noticed...

Chapter 1

Y/n POV
But of course, Jordan and Mom were watching me as I quietly tried to walk inside. "Uhhh it's this dumb ass" my mom said, clearly drunk "what do you want now?". "I, uh, just need to do some school stuff" I said quietly looking at the floor, hoping neither of them will hurt me. "Fine, go then" my mom said moving aside, almost tripping over her own feet, and Jordan just glared at me the whole time.

I was lucky. This time.

I walked quickly to my room and closed the door to do my homework with my dog, Rat, following me. Yes, my family named our dog Rat. Well technically he's my dog, I'm the only one who cares for him. He laid down on my bed as I started working. A few hours later my mom said she was going to get food for dinner, and my dad was still at work, so that left me and Jordan alone. I was sitting on my bed on my phone when I heard my door open. "Whatta ya doin?" Jordan said with his head in the doorway. Rat started to growl. "Nothing" I said and he scoffed. "Yeah, that's the only thing you're good for". I looked up, emotionless. "You know anything you do, you suck at, that's why you have no friends" he continued. "Ok" I said, I know he's just trying to mess with my head, and he does sometimes which is scary. Then he rushed up to me and grabbed my neck and started to choke me. Rat started to bark loudly and Jordan shoved him off my bed. "Jordan.. ple...ease... sto-" I barely choked out before he said "you don't talk back to me you hear?" I didn't respond so he yelled "you hear?!" "Yes" he released my neck and air came swarming into my lungs. "I'm going out don't mess with my stuff, you hear me you little shit?" "yeah ok" I responded as he slammed the door shut behind him.
I can't take this anymore. I can't take them taking advantage of me. I pulled out my phone and searched "places to go that aren't near me" and the first thing that came up was a place I've never heard before. A place far away from here. "Perfect" I thought as I grabbed a backpack from under my bed and started packing all my belongings into, which isn't much. Rat looked at me confused. "Sorry buddy" I told him "y/n's gotta go for awhile, but I'll be back". He sighed and laid back on my bed. I felt bad, but I just couldn't take him with me on my long journey, I couldn't afford it. I continued packing, eager to leave as soon as possible.

Tulsa, Oklahoma here I come.

~ A/N: Hi everyone, I hope you like this fanfic, it was the first one I wrote so please don't judge it harshly. I will post my more recent fanfics on here soon  though <3~