Chapter 2

Y/n POV
I thought through my plan and had everything set up. I'm packing all my belongings into my bag and I'm going to leave tomorrow after school. I know where my parents keep a stash of money, and since I'm home alone, I got it and shoved it in my bag. I bought bus tickets online and after school I'm going to come back here and grab my bag, say my goodbyes to Rat, and head out. My parents should be working late tomorrow and Jordan should be at work as well, so I should be safe to grab everything and go quickly.

~The Next Day~

Everything was working just as I imagined it to. I left to go to school early this morning, I didn't want to hang around my hungover parents and abusive brother if you know what I mean, so I just walked around the city for the final time. It's going to be awhile until that happens again. I'm going to miss these familiar streets that kept me alive after getting beaten half to death. The way the streets seemed to be alive always seemed to cheer me up after a hard day. It was getting late so I headed to school. School wasn't very great, I don't really have many friends so it's not very enjoyable for me, even if I am pretty smart. The last bell finally rang and I packed my backpack and sped home as quick as possible. I wanted to leave as soon as I could, avoiding any possible contact with people. I got home grabbed my bag and cuddled Rat for the final time before my departure. "I'm gonna miss you little man" I cooed to him "I'll be home soon, I promise". That's when I heard the creak of the front door opening. I thought no one was supposed to be home but maybe Jordan decided to leave early. "Shit shit shit" I thought, and I peeked through my bedroom door to see Jordan and a couple of his friends, and boy were they drunk out of their minds. They walked by my door and as quick as I could I tried to get out the front door.

Then the next thing I knew I was on the floor, something tugged me back.
Someone tugged me back.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Jordan said, I could hear his friends snickering behind him. "Away" I told him, "fine" he shoved me forward "get the hell out, it's about time anyway" and him and his friends started to laugh.
I needed to defend myself, it could be the last chance I get. "And it's about time you move out" I told him, defending myself. He is 19 anyway, so it's just the facts. That's when he turned around and slapped me across the face. "Get out bitch" he said and I thought "gladly" as I walked out of my apartment for the final time.
I checked the clock and I had 30 minutes to get to the bus station. I ran there just in time and sat in a seat near the back. "It's ok y/n" I told myself "hold on tight because it's gonna be a long ride".