Chapter 12

Y/n POV
I was speechless, I had no idea.

Was I really not as observant as I thought I was?

"Oh, uh, I uh, I didn't know" I stuttered, he looked disappointed. "I'm sorry, I'm gonna go" I said getting up.
I ran to Dally's place and walked inside.
"Back so soon?" Someone said. It was Buck.
"Is Dallas here?" I asked ignoring his question. "Yeah he's in his room" "ok thanks" I said and walked upstairs.
I just walked in and he looked up surprised. "Hi" he said, "hey" I responded.
He could tell I was stressed out, and he stood up and pulled me towards him, so his body was pressed against mine.
"What's wrong baby?" He asked calmly.
I guess he had some sort of soft spot for me.

I liked that.

"Soda just told me he likes me" I blurted.
Dally just looked annoyed. "Well" he started "do you like him?".
I looked him his eyes and quickly looked back down again.
"I- I think I like someone else" I said.
"Well babygirl, I like you. So much" he said to me.

Hold on.
Dallas Winston, having emotion?
That's not something you see everyday. "

"Wow so he does have feelings" I said.
"What's said in this room, stays in this room" he said.
He let go of me and turned me around and kissed me.
I was shocked but I obviously kissed him back.

I do really like Dallas Winston.

"I love you" he said to me and we started to make out and got on his bed. He got on top of me and you can guess what happened after that. When we were done we gazed into each other's eyes.
"So" I said playing with his hair, "what are we? I mean we both love each other, right?".
"Of course baby" he said and he was silent for a few minutes.
"Well I mean, this ain't fancy or whatever but, you wanna be my girl? I love you and I don't want to lose you".
"Of course I would" I said and I rested my head on his chest.
Though it was calm in his room, my mind was racing.

What will Soda think?

Will everyone hate us?

What if they don't accept us?

"Baby, is it ok if we don't tell the gang right away? I don't want Soda to hate me right now" I asked him.
"Sure" he said and started kissing my forehead.

Soda POV
She ran off.

She couldn't handle it.

What have I done!?

Did I ruin our friendship, permanently!?

My mind was spiraling and I was interrupted by Steve running outside.
"Hey man I saw y/n run off, is everything ok!?" "No" I said quickly, "I told her my feelings for her and she ran off!".
I was getting frustrated and sad and confused all in one.
Steve could tell.
He put his hand on my shoulder and said "hey Soda it's ok calm down, I think she was just taken by surprise and didn't know how to react but by running away. You know that's what she's done all her life. It's ok man, c'mon let's go back to your place".
"Ok" I said and we walked back silently.

Maybe she was confused, I thought to myself. Maybe she's never been in love and doesn't know if she likes me or dally?
And if I want her to like me I would have to do something amazing to impress her!

"Steve" I said "I have an idea" and we ran back to the house.

*Later that day*

Y/n POV
It was getting kind of late so I decided to leave Dally's place and go back to the Curtis's.
I got back there luckily without being jumped.
I walked into my room and I felt something was off.
I walked to the kitchen where Darry was making dinner and said "hey Dar, did you move my box?"
"Um, which box again?" He asked "so no" I said and went to ask Soda if he'd seen it.

Soda POV
"Wait so what's the plan again?" Steve asked as I was carrying y/n's box to the post office.
"I need to do something to impress y/n so I'm mailing her box to her dog like she talked about"
"ohhh ok" he said finally understanding.
Y/n was going to be so happy I mailed it for her.

*Present*

Me and Steve were in my room just talking when y/n barged in and said "have you guys seen my box? Ya know for my dog?".
"Oh about that..." Steve said trailing off.
"I mailed it for you, so you didn't have to" I said finishing for him.
Her face then filled with shock and fear and anger.
"YOU WHAT" she yelled at us.
She started breathing hard when she asked "did you put a return label on it!?" frantically. "Um yeah" I answered.
"OH NO NO NO" y/n started saying and walked out.
Me and Steve looked at each other confused. We went to go talk to her and Darry and Pony were looking at her confused too, so it wasn't just us.
"Y/n why are you freaking out? We just-" I was saying when she interrupted me
"YOU JUST KINDA YA KNOW MAILED IT TO MY FAMILY WHO IS GOING TO SEE THE RETURN ADDRESS AND COME AFTER ME, OH YA KNOW, NO SWEAT OR ANYTHING". Oh shit she's right, that must've been why she wouldn't mail it before.
I looked at Steve wide eyed and he looked back at me.
Y/n was having a mental breakdown and yelled "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT TELL ME FIRST!?"
"I'm sorry, because we were just trying to be nice, we never thought about the return address part" I stuttered during the whole thing, because honestly I was scared, she's raging right now.
Then she ran out of the house.
All four of us looked at each other and Pony said "that's your problem now, you can go deal with it".
"Oh shut it horse boy" Steve said and Pony looked disgusted but said nothing.
"C'mon" I said to Steve "we better go after her". He sighed, "ok" and we ran out the door.