Chapter 11

Y/n POV
"Wait, did you just say you love me?" I asked Soda and he let go of our hug.
"Oh, uh, eh you know, like how I say to Steve I love you, ya know, um a friend type of love" he said back.
"Ok never mind" I said and stood up. "We better head back now, Steve may be worried and I want breakfast!" I said and he laughed and we ran back.

Soda POV
Did I just say that!?
Shit shit shit!
Did she notice!?
"Wait, did you just say you love me?" Y/n asked me.

Damn it she did notice.   

I let go of our hug and I said "Oh, uh, eh you know, like how I say to Steve I love you, ya know, um a friend type of love".

Wow Soda, real smooth, that wasn't believable at all.
If I'm being completely honest, I think I like
y/n, but she doesn't like me, she likes Dallas.

Of course.

"Ok never mind" she said and stood up. "We better head back now, Steve may be worried and I want breakfast!" She said and I laughed and then we ran back to the house and breakfast was ready so we all went to eat, except two-bit, who was still throwing up in the bathroom, he was getting better though, thankfully.
When we got to the table y/n sat between me and Dally, and they kept staring at each other the whole time, it was making me sick.
I got up from the table and walked outside. I sat on the porch when I heard someone come outside, I looked up and it was Steve.
"Hey Soda" he said sitting next to me.
"Hey" I responded, looking back down.
Steve put his arm around my shoulders "hey buddy, it's ok. You're too good for her" he said trying to comfort me.
"It's just not fair" I said looking up at him now. "I know buddy" he said.
There was silence for a few minutes until Steve said "I'm sorry Soda, you don't deserve this". "Hey it's ok it's not your fault man" I said. "We should go check on two-bit" I said getting up. "Sure" Steve said and we went inside. And as he would normally be, Two-bit was sitting on the couch eating cake.
Even with a hangover this guy can't live without his chocolate cake!
"Hey save me some!" Steve yelled and stole a chunk. I laughed at them when y/n said "I'll be back later, just getting some stuff".

Y/n POV
When I was eating breakfast, me and Dal kept looking at each other, making each other smile. Then, Soda ran out of the house and Steve went to follow him, but everyone else kept eating.

He's been acting weird lately, I hope he's ok.

Then I remembered randomly about my precious doggo Rat.
I miss my Rat.
I hope he's ok at home, I hope he's fed.
I bet me misses me, too.
Then I came up with a great idea, I could send a gift box home for Rat! My parents wouldn't get rid of it because they're too cheap to do that. I'd just have to find a way to remove the return address so they didn't find me.
Steve and Soda came back in and Two-bit had started eating cake, he must have been better already or he's just too obsessed with cake to miss out.
I got up and said "I'll be back later, just getting some stuff!" And ran out the door to go make my box for Rat.
I hoped the convenience store nearby had dog stuff, and luckily they did! I bought a bag of dog food, a couple toys and some treats for Rat. I'm sure he'll like these.
When I got back to the house, Darry, Pony, and Johnny were the only ones there. I asked Darry if he had a cardboard box and he did, so he gave me it and I put all of the stuff in it and taped it down.
I was writing the address to the apartment when Darry asked "what's this for?".
"Oh, uh, this is for my dog at home. My family doesn't care for him so I'm gonna send stuff to them, I know they'll use it then".
"Oh ok" he said and went back to whatever he was doing and I put the box in my room and went out to find Soda and Steve.
I went to the dingo and I saw them through the window, so I knew they were there. From where I was now standing inside the restaurant, I could see Steve so I waved at him and he looked up and waved for me to come over, so I did and sat next to him.
Soda was sitting across from us and didn't know I was there because he was looking down so I said "hey Soda".
He looked up shocked and me and Steve started to laugh really loud.
"So where'd you go earlier?" Steve asked me. "Well back in New York I have a dog and my family doesn't care for him, so I was making a little box with stuff in it to send to them, my parents wouldn't throw it out either so I thought that would be a good idea" I told them and they nodded.
Soda wasn't really talking much, he was acting kind of a weird so I asked him to come outside to talk to me.
"What's up with you Soda? You're acting weird? Is something bothering you? Is it me? If it is I'm-".
"Y/n, you're fine it's just" Soda said interrupting me,

"I like you".