05

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓
“𝐀 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥”

× 𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 ×

Sophie had woken up with a strange feeling in her guts. It was almost like she had a good feeling about that day. Even though it was day of elections for the school's new president, she just couldn't shake that feeling.

Of course Bucky was the only one running for that title. Everyone knew that the school president election was like a big popularity contest – and Bucky was, without a doubt, popular.

She let out a small moan of discontent as she got out of bed. It was too early and she spent the whole night thinking about the guy she met in the day before. He was handsome - it was an undeniable fact. And she wanted to meet him again.

She shook her head in a futile attempt to get him out of her head while she got dressed with the cheerleader uniform. She stood in front of the mirror with a smile, admiring the sight of her in those clothes.

Cheer was all she ever wanted to do since she was just a little girl. It was supposed to make her happy... But what if it didn't? Even though she might be the future cheer captain, she didn't feel truly happy. In fact, she felt like she didn't belong. Her mind was a mess, wondering what she did wrong to feel like that.

Addison's shrill scream echoed through Sophie's house, apparently from downstairs. Said girl quickly put a blue bow in her hair and took her backpack, going downstairs with an impressive speed and almost knocking her friend down in the process.

“Wow. Good morning, Soph.”, Addison added with a chuckle.

“Good morning, Addy. Good morning dad.”, Sophie said, taking Addison's arm and dragging the white-haired girl into the kitchen area.

“Darling, Addison, good morning. You want pancakes?”, Marcus Sinclair, Sophie's dad, asked the girls, who were now sitting on the table in the dining room.

After her return, Sophie and her dad were much more close, probably because the edge separating them - her wig - was gone.

“Of course, Marcus! Your pancakes are the best!”, Addison said, her mouth curved into a beautiful smile. She hung out in Sophie's house a lot when they were younger, so she and Marcus were friends.

“Glad you like it, Addison.”, he replied with a similar smile across his face.

━━━━━━━━ ❪❃❫ ━━━━━━━━

After breakfast, Sophie and Addison left the brunette's house. Walking to school together was almost a tradition between the two of them.

When they arrived at Seabrook High, they came across a zombie near the entrance, probably waiting for them. Addison and Zed shared a quick kiss, which made Sophie roll her eyes at the sweetness of the couple. The three of them walked in together.

“I really thought we'd all be at the Prawn together. I thought Seabrook had changed.”, Addison stated.

“It did. Believe me, I will find a way to get us into Prawn.”, Zed striked back.

“Or we could miss it together.”

“I'm not letting you miss the Prawn, Addison.”