15

(A/N - Before this chapter begins, I would like to thank all of you who accompanied me through this crazy journey that has been writing this story.

We reached 4K! I honestly never thought this was possible, that people actually liked to read what I wrote. But seeing all the comments and all the votes in this story has made me really happy.

Also I'd like to apologize for being a little absent in the past few weeks, my life has been really messy but luckily it's all working out.

I'm gonna miss this story so much, it was an incredible journey and I'm thankful to all of you!)

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓
“𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠”

It was a cold night in the wolf den. I rolled over in the blankets of my cozy bed, preventing bad thoughts from consuming me before I went to sleep.

Obviously, I couldn't sleep. The shock of previous revelations was still running through my body. The wolves were running out of time and I needed to do something. I'm the key.

That's when I heard it for the first time. Sneaky like the shadows of that cold night and light as a breeze through the forest, a voice whispered my name in the distance.

"Sophie. Come find me." The voice whispered once more.

I jumped from my bed, my eyes wide open. This was not about someone - it was the moonstone. It was calling me, I could feel it with every inch of my body.

"Sophie." It whispered for the third time on that night.

I grabbed the first coat I found, wearing it with a speed I didn't think was possible. In a matter of seconds, I was knocking nervously on Willa and Wyatt's bedroom door.

A sleepy Willa opened the door. Normally the wolves didn't sleep at night, but we were all so exhausted because of the loss of energy in our moonstone necklaces that our sleep routine was totally messed up.

"Willa! Something really strange happened! I was in my room, and then I hear this voice and-" I started to explain hurriedly, being interrupted by her groggy voice.

"Slow down, Soph. What's going on?" She asks, giving me a questioning look.

"I think I may know where the moonstone is. I don't have time to explain, let's go wake up the others." I say, this time more slowly. Her eyes widen as she processes the information.

"I'll go wake up Wyatt." She says and I nod quickly, giving her a reassuring smile before running off to wake up the other werewolves.

[...]

Wynter and I had gathered the werewolves outside the den. They were looking at me nervously as I paced in circles, waiting for Wyatt and Willa.

The two of them quickly joined us. No one dared to say anything, they just looked at me. Hope flickered in their eyes.

"Sophie..." I hear the voice call out to me again.

"This way!" I commanded, running off in the direction of the voice. The wolves followed me, unsure of what we were doing.

[...]

I found myself in front of the Seabrook Power ruins. There was a huge hole in the ground, like a tunnel.

"The moonstone is close. I can feel it." Wynter said, staring at the hole on the ground.

"Yeah, the energy from the moonstone must've created the fault line." I say, looking at Willa. I searched for any sign of approval in her face.

"If Sophie's right, if we follow this crack, it'll lead us to the moonstone." Willa said, smiling proudly at me.

"So it's only buried and not destroyed?" One of the werewolves asked.

"Yes. We need to get to it. Hurry up, the tunnel might collapse any minute and we could loose the moonstone forever." I said as I jumped into the tunnel.

It wasn't dark as you see in the movies. Instead, it was illuminated in a beautiful shade of blue that came from the moonstone.

Willa walked beside me, the other werewolves slightly behind us as we walked as fast as we could towards the light.

"Here it is!" Willa announced, pointing at the glowing moonstone in the middle of the tunnel.

We gathered around the moonstone, staring at the beautiful stone in awe. I grabbed my necklace, leaning it against the moonstone as I felt the energy flowing into the necklace. Most of the wolves did the same.

Wynter was the first to break the silence. "We have to move it out of here. The elders need it and the tunnel can collapse any minute."

I nodded. "But how are we going to take her to the den?" I asked, looking at the stone. It was huge, so it probably would be really heavy.

"Legend says that together, our pack can move the stone." Willa explained. We all grabbed the stone, carrying it quickly to the outside just as the tunnel collapsed behind us.

"We crushed it! We nailed it! We so rock! Yes! We have the moonstone!" Wynter cheered. After a seconds, she looked at Willa.

"Too much again?" The brunette asked the alpha.

Willa looked at her seriously, before her face cracked into a warm and welcoming smile.

"Perfect. We did it!" She said, cheering along with Wynter and I.

[...]

I was sitting in the common room in the den, smiling as I watched the elders recharging their necklaces.

"So, what are you going to do now? You're the granddaughter of the true alpha, so you are the leader by right." Willa's familiar voice said as she and Wyatt sat beside me.

"I'm not going to do anything. I'm not qualified to guide the werewolves. You are. You and your father." I said, side-hugging her as Wyatt chuckled.

Willa looked at her brother and her eyes widened. "I'm going to find Winter." She said, quickly walking away. I looked at the door in confusion.

"So..." Wyatt said as I turned my attention to him.

"What?" You ask, smiling.

"Hum, I was thinking... Now that we have the moonstone back and we're not going to die... Maybe you could be my girlfriend?" He asked, hints of hesitation in his voice.

I laughed at how cute he was when he was nervous and he blushed, looking away. "If you don't want to, I totally understand." He blurted out.

I laughed, grabbing both sides of his face with my hands and planting a soft kiss on his lips.

"It seems like I am your girlfriend, then." I say, grinning. His face lit up and he smiled as well.

We spent the rest of the day just enjoying each others company and talking about random things. It seems my new life as a wolf is just beginning.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝.