CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2
S.T.R.I.P.E

E

PRESENT DAY

PRESENT DAY. . . 

THE big machine was in front of us as it was moving but it still had some very stiff movements. Courtney kept the staff in front of us both, as I was ready to run us both out of there knowing it would take the robot a few minutes to catch up since it’s having problems. 

“Courtney, I told you not to touch the staff. And McKenna, what are you wearing?” I heard the robot ask as it sounded like Pat waited it is, isn’t it? And I could agree since what I’m wearing is terrible at design. “Pat?” We both said at the same time as we looked at another than back at the machine. And I know I  need a new suit, that is going to be a great call explaining to Ruby why I need a new suit.  But anyways Pat built a robot and a very large one. 

“Stay away from us.” Courtney said, pointing the cosmic staff at him, as it responded, “Courtney.” He said as I looked at her as he was here to help us. “I mean it Pat.” She said as I was tempted to grab the staff even if there was a risk of me getting blasted into the machine or one of the dozens of rows of trees. 

“I can explain to you two.” He said as I nodded knowing that is going to be a long conversation. “So explain to us.” I said as she looked at me, as I knew we had to go somewhere more secure to avoid getting caught or exposing us. “First I need to get you two somewhere safe. Okay?” He said as I nodded and Courtney looked at me. “He is right Courtney, it is a big risk if we stay here,” I told her as she nodded and put down the staff.