Alternate/Original Ending

Last Chapter -- Chapter 13 (“The Ending of The Flash”) -- Ending Scene Original

I saw everyone gather up as I knew the plans of the ISA, I knew what they were doing all along

I saw everyone gather up as I knew the plans of the ISA, I knew what they were doing all along. To think back when we all just started as a team to now where we all know how to fight with another. I look at Pat, then Beth, then Rick, then Yolanda one of my closest friends, and then I look over to the end of the rubble and see Courtney all beaten up. 

Even S.T.I.P.E being in his suit couldn’t handle the force in the beam, the ideal the ISA had, and even I knew what I must have done as I quickly run home before anyone notices and grab the bag that I knew in one moment would be the key for my plan to work, that someday it would come in handy and if anything happened at least someone would know. 

I ran back, to see everyone still in the rubble of the building, along with their tired faces, all that they went through. This can’t be the end of heroes, and won’t. 

I always remember when Barry taught me some things about speed, and how he told me like my father all those years ago how dangerous this plan of mine would be, he wouldn’t want me to do it. That’s why it’s good nobody is home, but me. And that Wally wasn’t here to pester me and tell me there was another way. 

The ISA believes we can’t stop them, and we can’t unless I do something about it, but before I do. I want to remember my quiz on Monday was for Egypt and about how Egypt changed the way of the world. But like always I will forget the main thing of why I love Egypt so much. I believe it … no I know it’s because Nabu the mentor of the Fate helmet the one who created it was from back then. I always remember when Nelson would tell me such stories about the helmet. 

Anyways, as I started running I quickly went and dropped my bag near Courtney taking off not her mask, as I know she likes a guy and maybe not me as much. She has a hard choice, but in the end not as hard as mine, as I made the choice. Am I going to regret it?

No, not for the sake of the world, I have my choice like my father did all those years ago. I know this one moment may be my last with my friends, and this family of the New JSA, the new society that we built all these months, all the moments. 

“Hey Courtney, I don’t have much time left,” I told her as she looked at me and I put my hands on her face as the others were still down. I continued, “But even if I have less time, you will have more.” I told her as she looked at me not being able to hear me yet. 

“I can’t understand McKenna whatever it is we can all get through it.” She said as I smiled a bit, a grin appearing on my face as I felt a few tears falling from my face. “We can’t or at least I can’t you may not be able to understand. Not at first, but understand I save today and you can save tomorrow with the others.” I told her as she shook her head not being able to hear me. 

“I can’t hear you.” She said as I nodded, “You just have to continue this team even when I’m gone, never forget that you are the future all of you are. Even when you lose someone, you haven’t lost the true battle. This one is just the beginning, you have to understand.” I told her as she shook her head and I know the others might hear some of this.