CHAPTER 10

Chapter 10
Brainwave Jr.

Chapter 10Brainwave Jr

THE NEXT DAY

THE NEXT DAY...

LOOKING down at my phone I could still hear snoring in as I could see a few messages from Courtney this morning. And since late last night. And all of them continuing on the same topic, of her mother finding out that she was Stargirl, due to the staff. And that Pat is in trouble with her mother, and how bad her mother reacted. And more about how we needed to stop about Icicles. But the newest text was one talking about the cosmic staff going missing, and how she needed my help. 

Running into my closet I look all over for my black turtleneck sweater, my jean skirt, and my black long boots. Along with a red and blue flannel to cover over my arms as I quickly did my hair in a ponytail as I rushed around my house to gather everything I needed so I could head over to the Whitmore house as I was trying my fastest to get there. As I grabbed my bag and headed over to Courtney’s as I was walking fast in heels since running could be an option but I didn’t want to trip and then scurry over looking like I was beat by one of the ISA members. Including at this time of day, or anyday. 

Upon arriving I knocked on the door not hearing anyone until Courtney answered the door, as I didn’t see her mother’s car. “Courtney, are you alright.” I asked her as she grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the house. “My mother wants to leave Blue Valley, today. She is going to the American Dream to pack her stuff.” Courtney told me as my eyes widened. “What?” I asked her, shocked and saddened as I knew my face probably looked bad to her. “She is just so mad about everything.” She told me as I had sorrow in my eyes. “If I know anything about mothers finding out about you dressing up, once she has time to process it she should accept it more.” I told her as she looked at me shaking her head. 

“No Kenna! She wants to leave Blue Valley…..” She told me as I looked at her, shocked, recollecting my thoughts. “When?” I asked her as she looked down and then looked beside me, avoiding eye contact. “Today, after she gets back from collecting her stuff from work and we pack up.” She told me as I shook my head. “You can’t, I...the team we need you, you’re our leader.” I told her as she nodded, “I know, but I don’t think I can change my mother’s mind.” She told me as I looked at her, “But we need to tell Pat.” She told me as I nodded walking back with her knowing something bad would happen if we’re not careful. The ISA is still in the town, and we don’t even know where they are, and now Courtney is about to leave.