the melancholy of dark

As he was thinking about seeing dark's memories a voice called out to him.
Voice: do it...you must know her past and you will be there but nobody can see you or touch you.
Mel:so I would be invisible to everyone again?ok,not my first time being a ghost.
Voice:alright,let's go.
Mel:wait who are you?
Voice:her demon state.
The silhouette fades in the darkness leaving mel to the first memory shard that he could see thinking about the past where he touched ganz tree of sins mel saw his past if it would work for dark.he could only try,try to help his first born child.
Mel:here goes nothing...
He places his index finger on the shard it starts to glow white blinding him.when the glow faded Mel opened his eye seeing that the scenery changed it wasn't the same as before it was a forest and a portal opened mel hides for a minute before realizing they can't see him,he facepalms before calling himself an idiot.
Reaper:child..
A kid that looked 4 years old,The child version of dark had tears in her sockets as she had a death grip on the jacket that was on her shoulders.
Younger dark:y-yes?
Reaper:this is your new home for the time being...I'll let you have your moment you can use it.
Dark:ok,thank you...
Reaper teleports away allowing dark to let out her crys of despair.
This pained mel as she fell to her knees and let out loud sobs filled with sadness.
Dark:why? Why did it happen?! *crys more*
Mel:I'm so sorry babybones,I wasn't strong enough to survive the first time.but I alive again and won.
Reaper came back finding dark on the forest floor passed out due to being weak.reaper sighs before summoning her soul carrying her to the house.
One month later dark looks better than she did but still wore her fathers jacket.
She smiled at reaper who smiled back at her.
This makes mel smile as light flooded his sight again bringing him back to the crystal cave that he was in.
Mel touches another shard bringing him to another memory of dark being 5 years old learning about soul magic Mel stood there in jealousy because he wanted to teach her that but sighs before it changed to a kitchen and dark was eyeing a can of whip cream before swiping it off the counter hitting the floor.she jumps down her stub of her tail was wagging like a dog.
Reaper came in finding dark chewing on the can.
Reaper:what am I gonna do with you,kid?
Next what surprised both reaper and mel,dark's demon trait showed up for the first time by crushing the can by her teeth spraying her with the cream.
Reaper:well that happened.
Mel:ok,don't deny a hybrid her whip cream.
Dark giggles innocently playing with the cream covering her skull the only thing that was visible was her sockets.
Reaper:what did I get myself into?
Dark laughs licking it while reaper picked her up by her soul bringing her to the bathroom cleaning her up.
Reaper:*sighs*if only I got that on camera.
Dark:DUCKY!!!
Mel laughs while quacking at her before falling down rolling on the ground.
He calms down as the similar scenery came back.
The next one he touched dark was 6 years old and she was on a mattress cuddling with a pillow in her sleep.she snores like a lawn mower was grumbling in her sleep:my pillow senpai,I love you.
Mel:now that's just adorable.
Next one was age 7 when she noticed that she has a tail.
Dark:huh!?? I have a tail can i- ouch!
She tries removing it but a wave of pain stopped her.she runs around her room closing closet door on her tail making her say ouch again.
Mel:dark stop its part of your spine!oh wait I forgot that you can't hear me,dammit!!!
Age8 dark was talking to the hoodie that he used to wear hugging the article of clothing.the conversation was her talking about her day she yawned and turned the light off before crying herself to sleep.
This broke Mel's soul causing him to fall on his knees and cry.quietly muttering how sorry he was.he calms himself down and continues with the memories.
Age 9 darks training starts officially with swap and reaper.swap punches dark in the face knocking her down.
Mel felt an earth shattering wave of rage and was going to curse them both out until she got back up.
Dark wipes the blood off her mouth before saying
"Is that all you got swap?"
She teleports behind him kicking his spine Mel was speechless but is proud of her.she summons barbed wires and wraps around the skeleton and calls off the attack before any harm came to him.
Swap:I'm impressed,dark.
Dark:that did hurt tho.
Reaper:dark catch.
She catches a ice pack and places it on her cheek.
Swap:I went too far,I'm sorry.
Dark:dude,stop apologizing,its good.
Mel:good to know that I have a target again.
Age 10 dark first time in the anti void but heard a voice.
Male child voice:hey what's up?
Dark:I just found myself here,do you know where this is?
Child:well,this is my home I'm sans but you can call me,time kid!what's your name?
Dark:I'm darknight but call me dark.
Time kid:wanna hang out,dark?
Dark:sure!
The two then spare by the time they're done both were on the ground laughing.
Dark:now that was fun,the most fun I had in years!
Time kid:yea,thanks dark.
Dark:this is kinda personal question but,my dad died years ago he was murdered and I was wondering when I can see him again?
Time kid:I'm sorry dark I'm not supposed to tell you but-
He pulls her close and whispers in her non existing ear.
Time kid:you'll see him soon,when your ready and go to new York in the au called "gztale" there's an anomaly that's similar to you.
Dark:oh,ok.
She leaves time kid's au smiling like she hadn't in years.
Mel made a mental note to thank that timebug the next time they meet.