Living in the Presence

"I know you were peaking."

Stacey enters her house dripping from the rainwater. She caught Emma and Jenni peeking from behind the sofas, trying to 'act normal'.

"Hey, we didn't know you came back." Emma walked out of the living room and joined Stacey who went into the kitchen for a towel.

"Yeah, how was your date?" Jenni screeched from the living room, she was rolling around in leftover popcorns that never made it in their mouth.

"It was okay." Stacey shrugged, popping a glass bottle of soda.

"OK?! We just saw you two eating each other's tongue out!" Jenni jumped out of the couch and got shot with a look from Emma.

"See, I knew you two were spying." Stacey busted them.

"We weren't spying..." Emma's voice was higher than ever, "we were just concern. Looking out for our best friend."

"Yes, but still tell us ALL the details." Jenni blabbed and joined them in the kitchen.

"Maybe after I get changed, it's starting to really weigh on me," Stacey said tugging her dress, it was stuck onto her skin like a leech.

"Woah you are drenching wet, haha. Go change, I'm going to make more popcorn for this." Emma went into the cabinets to grab some packs of microwave popcorn.

"Oh! Are there still any gummy bears left?" Jenni went searching the cabinets.

Stacey took her heels off and tiptoed upstairs shivering from the cold atmosphere. Soon she went back down wearing dry clothes and start spilling all the juicy details the girls have been longing all night. It was just like high school all over again, except the guy was a bit older and there wasn't any drama but sweet romance.

"And then I just yap, 'Kiss me you fool!' do you think it sounds desperate?" Stacey wondered, "I think it was a bit dramatic."

"No, I think it was romantic." Jenni slapped the air.

"And funny." Emma nodded, "Now he's a keeper."

"But there's a setback." Stacey went from smiley to frowny.

"What?" Emma was concerned, she hopes he wasn't married. Should I ask her that?

"Oh no, he's gay?" Jenni blurted out. Oops. That wasn't meant to come out.

"What? No." Stacey laughed. Is he though? No, he can't be...but most of the men that looked that good turns out to be. Ah, it's just a stereotype. A man can be clean and dressed-well.

"He's leaving by the end of next week," Stacey slumped down on the couch, "I don't know how I should feel about that."

"Maybe he would extend his stay or come visit you every chance he gets." Trying to cheer her friend up, Jenni wants her to be hopeful.

"He did say he will be back for graduation."

"See, you will get to see him again," Emma reassured that things would work out for them both. They just have to communicate and compromise together.

"That's three weeks from now." Every possible situation that can happen between that short span of time ran through Stacey's mind, "What if he forgot about me and find someone else."

"Or you, what if YOU found someone else and forgot about him?" Emma pointed out, not only is he going to be away from her. She needs to know that she would be away from him, what would Nicholas think about this? Won't he be worried as well?

"Why would I do that?" She questioned, Stacey would never cheat on someone.

"Precisely, then why would he do that?" Jenni saw the good in Nicholas, she's like the master of relationships among the three. Her relationship with Danny can be seen as an icon couple. It's funny how the two get along, sometimes Jenni is the dominant one in the relationship then other times would be Danny. These two love birds are just so perfect together, there's never a time when they're bored with each other.