❝05; mr. bouregard.

As Beomgyu entered the curtains, he saw the same toy-store looking room in front of him, only that it was not covered in plushies in every inch of the walls.

Not to mention the missing body of Mr. Bouregard on the side of the wooden desk. Though It was replaced by a large jar of choco mallows.

"Have a seat, Erm...sorry, what was your name dear?" Asked Doctor Lestrange apologetically.

"Oh, it's Beomgyu, Choi Beomgyu." He replied.

"Ah...Yes, okay. You're sixteen, aren't you dear?" She asked again as she scribbled incredibly fast on her clipboard, clutched on her forearm, quill in the other.

Beomgyu nodded.

Doctor Lestrange put the mic of her stethoscope on Beomgyu's left chest, recorded his blood pressure and observed his body.

Beomgyu was currently standing up, shirtless. Although he hesitated for a while at what he was suppose to do.

He gulped.

"Blimey! Oh Beomgyu dear, where on earth did you get these from?" Doctor Lestrange had asked very concernly as he looked at Beomgyu's tiny body, pointing at the numerous scars, bruises, cuts, burns and little spots of injected wire plugs.

Beomgyu had stayed rather silent, he did not want to talk about his parents at the moment. "Oh! Erm...that's n-nothing, just some k-kids at s-school.." He said rather nervously, hoping she would believe him.

And the funny thing is, Beomgyu isn't even in school. He just reckon that would be the best excuse for the discord in his whole body.

Yeah, Beomgyu doesn't attend school because his parents had always hid him away from people, as if he was some kind of virus.

But don't underestimate him, ooh definitely not. This boy might not have been educated, but he surely is wise.

Years even before the full-blown inferno had happened in his room, all he did was read books. Hundreds of 'em.

Literally.

Well, except maybe his time with Yeonjun, which he considers the best moments he had ever encountered.

As if it was real anyways...

"Would it be okay if I put neosporin ointment on them? It's just an antibiotic, it wouldn't hurt, hmm?"asked Doctor Lestrange, waving the ointment in her hands.

"Okay. But, Erm...please be careful with the injected wire plugs, t-they still h-hurt.." Said Beomgyu, feeling anxious.

"Of course dear, of course. Blimey! How could anyone be so cruel. Oh you poor boy.." She said as she carefully rubbed the ointment around several of Beomgyu's wounds.

After she had applied the ointment, she looked down at the small boy's knees. Beomgyu, probably getting the hint as to why the Doctor was looking down, had immediately said. "Oh that! It's j-just a scratch. I-i might have t-tripped earlier. It's no biggy though."

"Oh don't be silly dear, you might have sprained your knees.." She said disapprovingly at Gyu when he protested.

And with that, Doctor Lestrange did a few more tests and gave him a pair of crutches. "Your wound should be fine in a few days time dear, just don't go wandering about in school okay? Your crutches are foldable, so just tuck them away if they're not of use at the moment."

"Will do Doctor Lestrange!" Beomgyu replied rather enthusiastically. "Erm...I have been a good boy though, haven't I? I was just wondering if I could have M-"

Doctor Lestrange laughed at the cute boy in front of him, cutting him off. " You mean Mr. Bouregard? Oh, Of course, dear. You can have him."

Beomgyu heaved a cute gasp and jumped up and down excitedly. "Yeet! Thank you so much!"

With that, Doctor Lestrange went through the curtains, grabbing Mr. Bouregard along with her. "Here you are dear, take care of him, hmm?" She said as she handed the molang plushie to the small boy.

"Yes, I promise!"

Well, at least he has Mr. Bouregard to comfort him when Yeonjun isn't there anymore.

And besides, Mr. Bouregard's real, isn't he?

▶667 words