Starting off Rough: Story 6

Kaidance dropped her head back in an exaggerated sigh, angrily pulling her short hair. She groaned obnoxiously, dropping her head forward to slap her forehead to her palm.

"Whatttt do you wannnnnnnt?" She groaned. She glanced around at the shadowy figures that stood all around her. She snickered at the one for no reason, just to get a reaction out of them. She put her hands on her hips, and smiled at the dark figures.

"So. I Guess this is catch up time or something, huh?" She laughed, scratching the back of her head. Nobody replied, and the darkness only seemed to intensify. Kaidance crossed her arms, rocking back and forth on her feet. She looked around nervously, chuckling, trying to be being calm and collected. She was getting sick of it quick.

"Look, I just got out, and I understand y'all might be a little mad, but could we give this a year or something? I just want to be alone for a while!" She yelled. One shadow shuffled on their feet, and that was all she needed. She pounced.

She moved with the darkness, and easily took out two of the shadowy figures before she was thrown back with a force so strong, she thought she might have seen the light at the end of the tunnel. She groaned, rolling onto her aching stomach. She lightly banged her now throbbing head on the broken concrete. She groaned again, the leg out a week laugh. Someone stood in front of her, shiny black boots only a few feet from her face. She weakly looked up, but could only move her eyes enough to see their knees.

"Really, Kaid?" A deep voice asked. She groaned, immediately knowing the voice, and turning her head to look at the now broken wall behind her.

"All I wanted was a year." She mumbled. She suddenly felt her arms behind pulled behind her, and a zip tie being secured around her wrists. She put up a struggled though, ripping her arms away and scrambling to her feet. She let out a loose growl, her eyes turning golden. She could fully see the person in front of her now, and she couldn't say she wasn't a little freaked out.

He was taller than her now, and she was about 6'2. His dark eyes scanned her lanky body as he crossed his heavily muscles arms over each other. She growled at his prowling eyes, sinking into a fighting stance. He laughed at her, shiny white teeth seeming to mock her. His eyes remained their brown color, unlike Kaidance's, which were still glowing golden.

"I see you've lost some weight. Haven't lost that temper though." His deep voice drawled. She snarled at at him, nails turning to claws. She swiped at him lazily, and he easily side stepped the assault.

"Really, Kaid? This isn't a child's game." He laughed at her. She snarled again, bearing her teeth, her two canines slowly starting to sharpen and get longer. Fur started sprouting off her face, her features becoming more animalistic. He only eyed her, not at all threatened or scared. He rolled his eyes as her animal side showed through, letting lose one very long, low, growl.

"You weren't the one locked up for four years!" Her voice was different, low and scratchy. Not her own. Her animals. The man picked up on that, and his smile only grew.

"Why were you locked up then, Kaid?" He asked, taunting her. He rocked back and forth slightly on his feet, crossing his arms behind his back. Kaidance's eyes narrowed on him, knowing full well he was just fucking with her.

"Leave. Leave me alone, Malik." She snarled. He didn't reply, only continued to stare. She snapped.

Kaid lunged at him, sharp claws swiping at his face. He just barely dodged, but didn't dodge the knee that came up into his stomach. He grunted, backing up as Kaidance continued to advance. Her animal had fully taken over now, but still didn't fully shift. She was half covered in tan, golden fur. Her hands had developed long, deadly claws and her teeth were sharpened, her two canines being especially large, dropping down into a deadly point past her chin. Those teeth gave away immediately what type of shifter she was, which was why Malik was even after her.

Kaid snapped at him, letting loose a deep growl. Malik returned the growl, his slightly lower than hers. His eyes had given away to a piercing blue, claws slowly starting to protrude from his hands too.

"Enough of this Kaid! You won't win!" Her snarled at her. She only growled again, her animal ready to take over completely. Kaid held it back though, not wanting this to end badly. If her animal got out, it would spell destruction and death.

"Leave!" She growled. Malik only shook his head. She swiped her claw at him, nicking him on the cheek. A small drop of blood welled up and slid down, leaving a faint red trail. He wiped it away, putting one hand behind his back and signaling to one of the people behind him. Kaid continued to growl, slowly stalking forward. Malik straightened, his eyes fading back to brown. He was done with this child game. Kaid roared at him, because she wasn't done. And just as she kept at him, she shifted.

A huge tiger took her place. Not a normal tiger though. A saber tooth. Tigers said to have long been extinct. One of the many reasons why she didn't shift often. One of those reasons also being Malik.

But just as she lunged, a dart flew over Maliks shoulder, and lodged itself into her shoulder. She fell, the sedative in the dart quickly taking over and shutting all her muscles down. She snarled as black dots slowly started to cloud her vision, and Malik crouched down in front of her. He placed a calloused hand on her head, and just as she blacked out whispered,

"You're not getting away this time, love."