Rightfully Mine: Story 7: Part 3

Matias POV

My mate didn't wake up for another half a week. I paced the hallways the whole time, nervous and anxious. I stayed in his room most days, watching him as he slept peacefully, his hands or eyebrow twitching occasionally. We also took off the top strap, meaning when he woke up he'd be able to sit up. We did cuff his hands to the bed post though. He was adorable when he was asleep, but I wanted him to wake up. I wanted to see his eyes and hear his voice. I didn't want him to be frantic and scared though, no, that was the last thing I ever wanted. 

I'd been sitting in my room, silently going through every bad thought in my head. Wondering if he'd want to leave right away, or if he'd reject me. Then the monitors in his room went crazy, and I bolted. I reached his room with a few of the doctors who also must have heard the commotion. I burst into the room to see him struggling against the restraints again like he was the first time I came in. He was crying in fear too, and I didn't know what to do. I rushed to his side, my hands wanting to touch him but I couldn't. I yelled at the people who started to gather around the door, telling them they weren't helping just standing there. I gently grabbed his shoulders in the hopes he'd stop moving like the other day, but he didn't. His thrashing only got worse, along with the tears. 

"Hey! Hey!" I yelled at my mate. He didn't stop crying, and he didn't stop trying to get free of the straps.  But then he met my eyes, and he stopped struggling, but violently shook his head back and forth.

"NONONONONO! GO AWAY!" He cried out over his tears. My heart broke at how scared he sounded. I moved my hands without thinking, gripping his head to stop the shaking. At that moment, I knew we both felt the sparks. His eyes went wide, puffy and red from crying. I felt the electric sparks run through my hands, but it wasn't painful. I was nice and calming. I held eye contact with my mate. His eyes were beautiful, wide and a light brown color with hints of green. They held fear, yet at the same time amazement. His breathing was all over the place, chest rising and falling in sporadic movements. I could see his eyes start to lose focus again, and I held his head lightly, releasing the pressure I had to keep him still. His lips parted as he stared up at me and whispered one word.

"Mate." Then he passed out again, slumping against me. I held him, overjoyed at the fact that he knew now. Not so happy that he passed out again, but considering all the stress he's been through recently, it's not surprising. I held him against me, my wolf howling in joy and begging to be let out to get his scent all over our mate. I held him back though, because I wasn't going to do that until I had permission and consent. I threaded my fingers through my mates curly hair, burring my nose in his hair as well. He smelled of that sweet smell that came with a mate, as well as pine and snow. He was still shaking slightly as I held him to my chest. I pulled my head up and looked over my shoulder to see almost everyone gone but a doctor and Gavin. The doctor was messing with the machines, Gavin looking at me with pride. He smiled at me, stepping into the room and lightly hitting me on the arm.

"Look at you go, making your mate pass out again." He laughed quietly. I gave him a sad smile, looking back down at my mate. One of my hands played with his hair and the other rubbed up and down his back, gentle touches as to not startle him again. 

"I don't want him to pass out." I whispered. I very hesitantly lied him back down on the bed, and his lips twitched slightly. I smiled at the sleeping form of my mate before turning back to Gavin. He was looking at me with a question in his eyes. I cocked an eyebrow, drawing the question out of him.

"Where do you think he came from?" He asked. I froze. I hadn't even thought about that, I hadn't thought about the fact that my mate was a rogue. I looked down at my mate again, before looking back up at Gavin. His arms were crossed now, and he knew what I was thinking.