Abbacchio x f!Reader | Flustered

Requested by CloudFair1997
Category: Fluff
Word Count: 1,371

------

You had never expected the words "I joined the mafia!" to come from your younger cousin's mouth. Now, sitting across from him in a restaurant, you realize that he was completely serious when he called you. "Nara, are you serious? Don't you realize how dangerous that is?"

Narancia's smile fades slightly. "Well, yeah, of course. But I've got something that can protect me now . . . " He trails off on the last part of that sentence. Then, "Besides, I met a really awesome man named Mr. Bucciarati! He's like my second dad! And a good one too!"

You can't deny that nearly anyone would be an improvement over your uncle. It still worries you, however; you don't know if this Bucciarati man has good intentions. "I want to meet this guy."

"Y/N, you don't have to. He's a good--"

"I want to see this for myself."

After several minutes of going back and forth, you win the argument.

"Okay, I'll see if he's free tomorrow." Narancia pouts and plays with the food on his plate. "He is a good man, though."

------

The next day, you leave your apartment at eleven sharp and head to the restaurant you and Narancia had been at the evening before. On the way, you think back to the last time you'd seen him before running off to study abroad. It had been the day of his mother's funeral. You hadn't been able to keep in contact with him while you were away, and you long to catch up with him. Of course, the first step is meeting this Bucciarati guy and seeing what he's all about.

You enter the restaurant, and the first person you see is Narancia waving you over. There are two oddly-dressed men sitting with him. One has chin-length raven hair and wears a white suit with black spots. The other has long, silver hair, and you can't even begin to describe his navy blue jacket, suit, whatever it is. You take a seat between your cousin and the silver-haired man. "Y/N Ghirga. Pleasure to meet you."

The one in the spotted suit speaks up first. "My name is Bruno Bucciarati. I understand that you wanted to meet with me." He looks over at the other guy. "Oh, this is Abbacchio. He's one of my colleagues."

Abbacchio grunts but says nothing.

You clear your throat. "From what my cousin has told me, you, Mr. Bucciarati, have something to do with his joining the mafia. I would like to know why you did this."

Bucciarati's eyes widened. "Well, uh--" A thousand emotions flash across his face before he sighs in defeat. "Alright, I coerced him to join. He was on the streets, and I thought that this life would be better than that. I sincerely apologize."

Narancia's jaw drops at Bucciarati's words. He opens his mouth to speak but says nothing when the man glares at him. You discern that Bucciarati had told a flat-out lie.

Your face grows heated. You want to scream at him, at Narancia, at this weird guy who keeps glaring at you. But you bite your tongue and decide to approach this calmly. "Alright, then, how do I join?"