Johnny x f!Reader| Puddle of Mud

Requested by: SenkusWifey0942
Category: Fluff
Word Count: 327

------

"For the record, this is your fault." You glanced in the mirror at your mud-covered form. A light trail of muddy shoeprints followed behind you, tracked onto the wooden floor.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Johnny shifted uncomfortably on the bed.

Just an hour ago Johnny, the man you loved and trusted with all your heart, had committed the ultimate act of betrayal and jokingly pushed you into a puddle of mud. However, he'd greatly misjudged just how deep said puddle was. Not only was your favorite riding outfit dirtied completely, but you could practically feel the mud in your soul.

"I'm gonna go downstairs to take a bath," you said, grabbing a plain dress you happened to bring with you and leaving the room. You went to the washroom on the ground floor of the hotel. There weren't a lot of people there, even though the town you, Johnny, and Gyro had stopped at was part of the Steel Ball Run race's route. You quickly did your business and went back upstairs. You'd wash your outfit tomorrow.

When you entered your room, the first thing you saw was Johnny fast asleep on the bed. You slid under the sheets with him, careful not to wake him up.

Once you were settled, you felt your dearest snuggle closer to you. He rested his chin on your head and hugged you tightly. Your face was now buried in his chest, not that you minded.

"I'm sorry," he said again, his voice heavy with sleep.

"It's fine," you mumbled, returning the hug. "Go to sleep. We have a lot of ground to cover tomorrow."

He hummed, pulling you closer. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Johnny took a deep breath, his body relaxing on the exhale. As his breathing became slower and deeper, a sign he'd fallen asleep, you let yourself relax as well. You felt the warmth of his body, the familiarity of his arms--and eventually joined him in a deep slumber.