Part 8: Goobye, LA

Simon POV

"What if... I've changed my mind?"

I question, leaning against the open door of the bathroom, where JJ was working his hair back into a pony tail. He looks good in a freshly bought long sleeve light grey shirt and black joggers. I can see the chain I got him swaying against his chest as he moves around.

"Simon, what are you on about?" He questions, his eyes not leaving the large vanity type mirror.

"About going. What if I changed my mind?" I tuck my hands into the long sleeved black shirt I hand on. Bringing one of my hands to my mouth as the other wraps around my middle.

"Then I'd ask you why?" He hums dropping his hands to the sink top once he's done with his hair.

I meet his eyes as they look at me through the mirror before he turns around. I hated that disappointed look on his face, it take all of me to not look away.

"I don't want to ruin it."

I admit, no matter how I went over it in my head. I just kept thinking how I would fuck it up. I wasn't very good with groups of people I didn't know to begin with. But now on top of that I needed to keep mind of what I said and did, how much I touched JJ or looked at him too long. Thinking about it just made me stressed.

JJ walks over to me, hands going to my hips. I sigh into the touch, already knowing I lost this fight. How could he just do that? It was not fair.

"You being there will make it better." His tone is soft, almost sweet and I grumble.

"Fine. Jus' don't say I didn't warn you, if I do fuck it." I huff, dropping my hands to smooth them over his toned chest. My eyes moving over his face as he smiles at me, and I can't help but smile back. 

Both of us seeming to drift closer before he even leans  in to kiss me, which I return happily. My hands coming up to hold his face between them. He's so warm and gentle, I melt, allowing the tension I built up within myself wash away. 

"Don't worry, I wont let you forget it." He teases, pulling back as our foreheads touch. I roll my eyes at him, but I'm still smiling. 

"I know."

--

The party was already in full swing, people spilled out the of the villa, talking and laughing out on the front grass and stairs. The huge front doors are wide open and the music is loud enough you could hear it clearly outside. The lights inside were bright and seemed to light up every single window, lights that hung strings were even draped out front. Leaving this dim kind of feeling to the place, making it feel both hidden and very, very open.

This was much worse than I thought, I was not expecting so many people. I know I should have figured it out when he said 'villa by the beach'. But for some reason my brain had minimized it to some kind of club capacity, not a mini mansion. I reach over and grab JJ's hand without thinking, my lips pressing together nervously as my eyes just dart around. No one seems to even notice we were there, yet I was so very aware that we were. 

"It's Alright." He assures me, his hand giving mine a squeeze.

He pulls me along up the drive way, letting my hand go just as we got to the front doors. I scan the crowd of people, everyone is nicely dressed and holding some kind of drink. Clusters of people just enjoying themselves and a few others like us just trying to get through. It reminded me of a movie scene, the droning of sounds all mixing together.

"You reckon he knows everyone here?" I ask, following close behind JJ who was easily moving through the people. Weaving us a path with little bumps into people, which I appreciated, if someone walked into me right now I might run back out.