Chapter 14

Don't forget to vote and comment on your favourite parts. Share with your friends too. 🤗👏🏾

Also check out my new story, "The Truth About Dreams" and let me know what you think about it.

Chapter 14
Salim's POV

The best decision I made today was coming back from the first meeting alone. I took the car from Zaidu, the driver I usually call when I'm in Kano because he works for my friend who owns a garage. I told him to go home, I'll call him when I need him. I sit in the car for more than twenty minutes, thanking God for the fact that I'm alone right now and how I'd hate it if anyone sees me in this mood Labiba has suddenly thrown me into.

How hard is it for her to understand that I hate it whenever any other guy is around her, especially Tahir. The idiotic pervert who she once worked for. I know that she can handle herself, just like she did when she was working for him but everything is different now. At the time, I wasn't half as worried as I am now because I didn't want anything from her. Right now, I can't help feeling like I have her but she's slipping right through my fingers whenever she does something like this.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and scroll through the contact till I reach Tahir's name. My fingers hover over it, contemplating whether or not to call him. Calling him right now would just make me stoop to his level because he'd end up saying something about Labiba and I won't be in the same town with him to deal with him properly.

I think about the pointers Labiba got from him and I can't help but admit that she's a good manipulator when it comes to business, she gets information out of people without batting an eyelash. Even though Tahir has proven to be dumb a lot of times. Sometimes, the thing keeping his business afloat is the fact that he's always at every great university's graduation, so that he'll get their best students to work with him. That's the same thing he did with Labiba, he kept tabs on her and requested to have her serve in his organisation during her service year. But she doesn't know that.

The only thing I can think of that would make me stop feeling this way right now is not using that strategy to secure this client or abandoning the client totally. The latter is not an option because I have people working for me, people that rely on me for their daily needs and of course, I have my own family too. The best thing is to not use the strategy and find a loophole somewhere to approach it with.

After a few minutes of staying in the same position, I sigh and say some azkars to stop me from getting angrier. I can't remember the last time I was this angry. Hell, the last time I was almost as angry as this also involves Labiba.

Falila was 8 months pregnant and the doctor had given her a bed rest because of how swollen she had become over the last few days. Apparently she was having a high blood pressure and she needed any little rest she could get.

To my surprise when I walked inside the house at 9pm, she was nowhere to be found and her phone was not reachable. My mind immediately thought of one name, Labiba. There was no one that tolerated Falila and any of her ideas more than her twin sister. Labiba has always been a pain.

I sat down in the living room for a few minutes before they came walking in, laughing. They looked all dressed up, Falila more dressed up than Labiba, because she even had some makeup on her face, while Labiba was wearing lighter makeup. Falila immediately stopped laughing when she saw me sitting there and I was sure my expression screamed anger. Labiba finally noticed me and she said "Lemme go and get Abba's message." She made her way towards Falila's bedroom but I couldn't wait for her to leave before exploding.

"Where are you coming from?" I asked Falila as I stood up and walked to where she was standing.

"We just went-"