Chapter 12

I stared, wide eyed at the red liquid on my hand. I even did a double take, wiping my hand on my dress and touching the ground again.

There was no mistake to it. The blood coated my hands and the smell of iron was almost unbearable.

The room was dark, but my eyes adjusted a little more. I saw a pair of boots behind the desk. A familiar pair of boots.

I crawled over and peered down at the unconscious Grand Duke. H-he isn't dead, right? He didn't die in the original story...

"F-father?" I mumbled poking him. He looked asleep as he laid there clutching his side. His side was the source of the blood.

"D-dad? Dad? Dad, it'll be alright. Just stay in there, please." I finally had accepted him as my father and this happens? This wasn't even supposed to happen. How could it have left my mind though? It was such a significant scene.

I bit my lip, hard, almost drawing blood, but deciding against it. I grabbed my dagger that I still had on me and cut a large piece of fabric from my dress. Moving his hands out of the way, I put pressure on his wound.

I heard the door creak open slowly and gasped.

"Sir Asher! Why has this happened to my father?!" Sir Asher was my father's personal guard.  My whole body shook as I looked at him. Then I saw red, red, everywhere. It was him. How could I have forgotten?

"Miss! Why have you done this to your father?" He gasped.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I glared coldly. He flinched slightly at my cold voice.

"I tried to save your father after you stabbed him." He smiled.

"You bastard." I glared, realizing.

"Poor, poor miss. I'm sorry that it has come down to this." He ran a hand through his blond hair. He was a good looking young man. The best of our knights. That's why he was assigned to the Grand Duke himself. "I did truly like you." He frowned almost sadly and unsheathed his sword. I continued to keep the pressure on my father's wound, feeling a pulse still.

He put the tip of the sword under my chin and used it to make me look up at him.

"I could let you live....if..." He squatted down close to me and looked away as if thinking.

"Take your clothes off." He leaned in and whispered in my ear. I widened my eyes and held back a gag.

"Bastard." I spit at his face. He wiped it off with a gloved finger and smiled.

"What the actual hell?" I glared. "You are a fucking pervert." He smiled again at my f bomb.

"Oh Miss, I didn't know you had such a dirty mouth." He snickered before turning serious.

"You are a pedophile! You think you can get away with this?!" I scoffed.

"Oh but I already have. I told everyone there was an assassin and to return to their rooms. I told the other knights to guard the exits. I also have the assassin right here and once you are dead, I'll just say I caught you." He smiled again. He is the head knight, so it was only normal that they listened to him. "So are you going to take your clothes off, or should I?" He murmured. Disgusting....I am literally only a child.

"You can." I frown, swallowing my pride. He raised an eyebrow at me before dropping his sword to use both hands. While he fumbled with my collar I reached for my dagger, still keeping pressure on the wound with my left hand.

I took the moment to strike for the side of his head, but he caught my wrist, squeezing it tightly. He turned the dagger around quickly and pinned me down with the dagger against my neck, not pressing against my neck but more threateningly, like a little blood shed wouldn't hurt anything.

"Miss, you scared me!" He gasped. "Silly thing, just a tiny dagger won't hurt me. Now where were we?" He smirked. I was about to thrash around and scream as my last resort before someone jumped on his back. Rowan?

When did he get here? Ugh, that's not important right now. Sir Asher got up and swung around trying to get the kid off of him. Rowan, on the other hand, had his arms wrapped around the other males neck, putting him in a choke hold. Asher thrashed around with dagger in hand trying to stab at the boy on his back, realizing it was to no avail, he smirked thinking he had him out matched and pointed the dagger to his neck. As if on cue Rowan removed his arm, causing the man to stab himself. He still held on with his legs around the waist of the man. Leaning back with extreme, impressive flexibility, Rowan managed to be practically doing a handstand with his legs still around the man. In doing that he somehow flipped the man, sending him into the wall, and causing the dagger to slid in Rowan's direction.

In all that time, I was just struggling to pick up the sword.

"Brat! I am going to murder you!" He screamed charging for the boy. I somehow found my strength in that moment and held the sword at pointed it at the man, who fell to his knees. The tip of the sword was pressed to his throat, drawing blood.

"Hahhhh...." He sighed.

"What are you going to do Miss Sinnett? Kill me?!" He scoffed and laughed maniacally. My frown deepened as I set the sword on the side of his neck and pressed into it.

I had thought of this moment earlier. Hell, I even imagined it. This moment, swiftly cutting his head off. Even though I have been waiting for this, I don't think I could live with someone's life on my hands. As if Rowan knew what I was about to do, he kicked the man down onto his face so he was laying face first on the ground.

I raised the sword and to all my strength I swung it down. I aimed right for the back of his leg. Specifically, right above the calf muscle, the joint or back of the knee.

My body wasn't strong enough to cut completely through but I know for a fact he won't be getting up anytime soon.

He cried out in pain, rolling over and scooting against the wall.

"You monster!" He hissed. I didn't give him the satisfaction of replying and just glared coldly. My arms felt like jelly and all the strength I had earlier disappeared, as I dropped the sword. It was strange, before I picked it up fine, but now I can't even move it. I bent down and picked up the dagger.

And as if on cue again a lot of knights rushed in.

"Princess! I heard commotion!" Julius....second in command. He stopped in his tracks and looked around the room. Looking to me, covered in blood, looking at the man laying behind the desk, looking at the bloodied sword on the ground, looking to the dagger in my hand, looking to his superior; also covered in blood, and looking and Rowan who hid behind me.

Note: I looked it up and apparently children to the Grand Duke and or Duchess are addressed as Prince or Princess.

"Julies thank the saints you are here! The Princess has gone crazy and killed the Grand Duke. I got in here and tried to stop her, but she had an accomplice!" He rambled. Julius didn't say a word and took it all in.

"Is that so..." He mumbled looking to my direction. I opened my mouth to speak, but a glint in his eyes said he didn't believe Asher.

Two maids rushed in and cared for the Grand Duke.

"It is true! Julius! I have been by your side since we were children. I wouldn't lie! Arrest her!" Asher spat.

"I wish I could trust you, but this situation is just too suspicious. We will have to perform a thorough investigation." Julius nodded. Asher's eyes lit up. It's obvious he thinks he has everything in the bag.

"Until then I will have to keep you locked up." Julius nodded.

"What about her! I mean...what about the princess?" He glared.

"Wether you like it or not, she is still the only legitimate child of the Grand Duke and the rightful heir. We will still need to hear her side of the story and for the time being it would be best if we didn't call too much attention from outsiders on this matter.

"Julius! The Grand Duke is still alive!"

Sorry that I haven't updated it a while!