4

2 Days Later

I'd been fighting her for two whole days about how I wanted to go home, and her only argument was that she couldn't defy her father. All I'd do all day was lie on the sofa and stare out of the gap in the curtains she'd left for me to look out of and refuse to do anything. I'd only drink water because I knew I had to be healthy, but I knew that I couldn't keep any food down so I didn't bother trying any to avoid that whole experience.

I'd slept through her going to the gym, as she always did at 10 o'clock in the morning and I always got into her bed while she was gone to let my muscles relax, but I'd slept through that so I couldn't really do anything about it unless she went for lunch, which she never did, she just brought back something from when she'd been to the gym.

"Hey," she said quietly as she opened the door

"What?" I grumbled

"Hey" she repeated

"No, I mean what do you want?"

"To say hello to you when I walk into the room?" She frowned

"You really think it's weird I think you're a cunt?"

"Don't say that, I know you're angry but you know it's not-"

"It's not your choice, it's not your fault, you're only doing as you're told. If I hear that bullshit one more time from you I'll fucking kill you"

"With what energy? You haven't eaten a thing, eat something. I'm getting worried"

"You're only getting worried now? Fuck you!"

"You're acting like a child"

"I am a child. I'm not eighteen yet and you've taken me away from my family!"

"Oh please, you know what I mean," she said "you'll be eighteen in two weeks"

"But I'm still not eighteen, you never listen to me"

"You're so grumpy, cheer up," she said and got a candy bar out of the cabinet she'd given me, unwrapped it at the top and crouched down beside me "come on, just have some sugar and I'll leave you alone"

"I'm gonna be sick"

"No you're not, just take a little bite," she said and I groaned. I had to give in, then I could get her to give me some space. I nibbled some off the end and struggled to eat it but eventually, I swallowed it "that's very good, now have some more"

"You said you'd leave me alone if I had some"

"That was a tiny bite. Have half and I won't talk to you until dinner unless it's really important or if you want something" she told me

"Promise?"

"I promise," she said and showed me her hands so I knew she wasn't lying. I nodded and slowly ate some more. I could tell she was getting impatient with me when I tried to get away with not eating any more, but she was very persistent that I had as much as she told me to, and after a long time I had eaten half of it, and she left it on the side for me and went to sit on her bed. I drank some water from my glass and lay down again and watched her playing her game. It didn't look like my sort of fun, but it was the most interesting thing in the room at that point and I didn't want to speak to her and ask her for something, but I didn't realise how long one afternoon could be without talking, but I came up with an escape plan. It just involved making her think I wanted to go outside and getting her to trust me to do my own thing, then I could make a call.

"Can I go outside?"

"Why do you suddenly want to go outside?"

"I just feel so much better after eating something"