13

I woke up to her father talking to her quietly while she was playing a game, sat in bed as usual. "We're getting closer to it. We have contact with them, they've sent things over and we just need to keep giving evidence she's alive and well. She's lost a lot of weight, get her on more food"

"It's kinda difficult. You need to remember she has a mind of her own" she said "and it's very difficult to change once she's made it up"

"Useless" he sighed "just encourage her, then. She seems to like you more now. Certainly more than she likes me"

"No, I just hate her a little less" I said and they both quickly turned to look at me "can you possibly go somewhere else and talk your shit about me? I'm trying to sleep"

"Don't make me hurt you worse than last time" he warned me with a finger pointed towards me

"Dad, leave her. She's just arrogant" she said and he nodded and turned to speak to her

"I'll come and see you again soon. Just feed her more" he told her

"I will" she smiled and watched as he left, then leaned back on her bed, then looked me up and down and sat up again "you need food"

"No I don't, thank you very much"

"Yes you do. Come on, or we won't be able to send you back because we'll have violated whatever agreement they've come up with over there" she said and I rolled my eyes

"Like I give a fuck. You're just as shitty as them for letting this happen to me. It's not like you can't get out of her at the drop of a hat"

"That's not true. Stop making shit up. You have no idea what I've been through, and if you did, you wouldn't be saying half of what you say to me on the daily because it's insensitive"

"Why?"

"You don't think I've tried to get out of here on multiple occasions? And been caught and fucking reprimanded for it? You think I'd let my dad get away with talking to me how he does if it wasn't for how he's treated me in the past? You're just a piece of shit, you can't assume you're always the only victim. It's not right, and it's selfish"

"Sorry" I said "but when you don't tell me these things, I just assume they haven't happened. I don't mean to hurt you by saying shit you feel sensitive about"

"It doesn't matter now. I've come to some sort of stability, you're is the first thing my father's ever tried to work on with me"

"Like I'm some kind of project. No. I'm over this. I'm sorry about your shitty relationship with your dad but I don't have one anymore, at all. He might have been overly strict and told me off really badly when I broke his rules, but now I know they were there for a good reason. I love him and I might never see him again"

"If you hadn't broken his rules, you wouldn't be here right now. You'd be at home, feeling slightly miserable, but still okay"

"Slightly?" I scoffed

"Yes. It's not like you've ever been deeply depressed and alone"

"You have no idea" I told her