6

Paris's POV

I was rifling through a drawer to try and find something to escape the room or at least my handcuffs with, but the doorknob turned and I dived onto the bed. Rey came in with a whole bottle of vodka, and she looked annoyed "hey" I said

"Hey," she said and sat on the bed next to me, but I moved away

"Are you getting drunk?"

"Yeah, but you're not allowed. Sorry" she said and drank some more

"Come on, just a little bit," I said and went to sit next to her on the bed "come on, it's my birthday in a couple of days"

"And you can have your gift then," she said

"What is it?"

"You'll like it, you're a girl"

"But not all girls like the same things. You and I probably don't like the same things"

"I don't associate with females"

"Males?"

"No, I know I'm a girl but I don't see myself as a girl or a guy. I'm just me"

"That just sounds like dissociation, which generally means you're in a shitty situation"

"My life's a whole shitty situation"

"Ooh, let's all feel sorry for you. I almost forget I've been kidnapped when you tell me about your sad, little insignificant life"

"Would you shut the fuck up?" She finally snapped at me and I huffed, got under my blankets on the sofa and turned away from her

"Whatever, it's not like I wanted to talk to you anyway," I said. I was actually hurt by it, I wanted her to like me but it seemed to me that I'd pushed her so far that she'd given up trying for me.

"I don't care, all I've done is try with you and all you do is throw it back in my face like it's nothing! I'm sorry my dad's taken you away from your family and I'm sorry that I played a part in it, but you have to stop trying to get attention in the wrong ways, it's fucking draining and every time I even look at you I feel like I've done something wrong!"

"Stop yelling at me," I said and curled up into a ball and held back tears. I wondered if she'd heard my voice break as I struggled not to cry, but she didn't react so I assumed she was over it already.

Hours passed and I knew she was still drinking from the occasional sloshing of the alcohol in the glass bottle, but I didn't dare turn to look at her in case she decided to shout at me for that, too.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you" she mumbled and I heard her getting up out of bed "hey, Paris. Wake up, I have to say I'm sorry"

"I heard you," I said "I'm just sad"

"I know, I'm sorry I made you sad," she said "do you wanna sleep on the bed? I'll sleep on the sofa"

"No, it's fine," I said and turned around to look at her "can I have some of that?"

"No, you're not supposed to drink" she sighed "I'm sorry. Are you still sad?"

"Yeah. You're the only person I talk to and you're mad at me" I said

"I'm not mad at you, I was just frustrated," she told me and I nodded "can I have a hug?"

"Yeah," I said and she leaned up to give me a hug, and something about it made me want to forgive her for everything. It was just so warm and made me feel safe, like a hug from an old friend I hadn't seen in a lifetime.

"Are we good now?"

"Meh," I said and she nodded and went back to her bed

"Goodnight"