Chapter 4

Please note that i tried to edit the previous chapters to say that it was the right socket with the eyelight, but i might've missed some. The reason I changed it will be shown later on in the story~

-------

Sans left his room and went down to where Papyrus was. He felt refreshed now that he let himself truly sink into his role as Sans. Now what to do? Unlike previous Sans, this one while lazy, can't really cope with boredom well. Which is why he went to Papyrus immediately after dressing himself.

"hey paps? dr. peony said that we should have school textbooks?"

Papyrus looked up from the papers he had been reading and nodded. "INDEED! YOU PUT THEM IN THE BASEMENT WHEN WE MOVED TO SNOWDIN! I DO NOT HAVE THE KEY, BUT IT SHOULD BE SOMEWHERE IN YOUR ROOM!"

"ah, thanks paps." he told him, moving to go up the stairs once more.

"SANS, HOW COME YOU AREN'T JUST TELEPORTING THERE?" Papyrus frowned. "WHILE I AM GLAD TO SEE YOU MOVING AND NOT BEING LAZY, I AM UNSURE ABOUT YOU DOING IT WHILE INJURED."

"paps, i don't remember things before the hole remember? i have to relearn my magic again."

"FINE! I'LL ALLOW IT! BUT WHEN YOU'RE HEALED, YOU DON'T GET TO BE LAZY AGAIN, YOU HEAR ME!" Papyrus informed him.

"aye aye, i hear ya loud and clear." Sans smirked.

"UGH! YOUR JOKES HAVE GOTTEN EVEN WORSE!"

"aww don't say that paps, I need to work up my punning abilities again."

Papyrus threw his hands in the air, like he don't care ayyy, and went to the front door. "I'M GOING TO RECALIBERATE MY PUZZLES!"

Sans laughed and went to his room to grab the key he had found when he woke up. He stared at the stairs and sighed. He really didn't want to walk up and down the stairs.

The moment he closed his eyes however, he heard a weird static noise and immediately opened them again. He looked around and he was down the stairs. What?

Did that mean that the teleportation power is a bit like Apparition? Just think of where to go, and boom! you're there?

Noice.

Sans grinned and was about to try to appear in the basement, when he realized that he didn't remember how the basement looked like, so he needed to walk there to be able to remember it. Maybe that's why the canon Horror couldn't shortcut to many places? Maybe.

Sans started to walk to the back of the house, trying to remember as much as he could from the environment as he was in thought. Maybe that's why classic Sans couldn't shortcut to the Surface? Not because of the barrier, but because he had never actually been to the Surface to be able to imagine it, and the Resets didn't count, since no one except for the Fallen Child can remember a TRUE RESET.

He unlocked the door to the basement, and promptly locked the door behind him. After all, he remembered his room and now he only needed to take a good look at this place, and then he could just teleport from here to his room and back. This way, he wouldn't need to walk back and forth with books.

He flipped the light switch and stared around himself. It was a mess, just like his room. Something he would need to fix later.

It seemed that Sans had been really really trying to help fix the Core. Well, now Undyne had destroyed the 1 person able to help Alphys fix the Core. He didn't know Quantum Physics, or any physics really. He kinda passed that class by the skin of his teeth. Oh god, he's mixing metaphors and failing.