Chapter 7

That night you are unable to sleep. The news report circles repeatedly through your mind, unable to get the picture of your missing person announcement out of your head.
At this point, you are unable to cry any longer. Nobody is ever going to find you, and it's about time to accept that.
You'll never see your family or friends ever again. Hell, you'll probably never going to be able to see the outside world again.
This man's intentions are more than likely set on toying with you until he gets bored. Then he'll kill you...
You sigh heavily and listen to the chirping of crickets coming from outside. After awhile, you zone out into space, just thinking about how many things you wanted to accomplish in life. You never got the chance to do so many things...

Just then there is a knock on the door. The masked man enters the room and sits down on the side of the bed beside you.

"I'm bored..." He murmurs.

"OK.." You reply, not really knowing what else to say. "Is there anything you want to do?"

The man groans and flops down beside you, resting his head on the pillow next to yours. You try to lean away, but can't get very far. "I don't know." He grumbles. "You should entertain me."

You scrunch up your nose and scoff. "I'm chained to a bed. How much entertainment can I possibly be?" You mumble sarcastically, not even caring if you tick him off.

"Watch your tone. I was going to be nice and let you outside with me for a bit. But now I don't know if I want to anymore."

You roll your eyes and sigh. "Sorry." You murmur. "Outside sounds nice."

"That's more like it." The man stands up and walks over to the desk on the other side of the room. He opens one of the drawers and brings out something shiny. Walking back over to you, he holds up a pair of handcuffs.
"One goes on me, the other on you. Got it?" He says.

You nod your head, kind of disappointed but not surprised that you're not going free-ranged.

"You listen to every word I say, got it?  If you misbehabe you're going right back into this room." He warns.

"I'll be good. I promise." You reply, eager to stand and stretch your legs and inhale fresh outside air.

The man uncuffs your arms from the bed and recuffs your right arm to his left. He leads you down the dark hallway and back to the living room, opening the front door.
You squint your eyes from the brightness of the afternoon sun. After your eyes adjust, you look around. The trees are super thick and the woods around you are unusually dark with twisting trees, most of which are dead. A thicket of bushes cover the ground as far as you can see.

The masked man stretches and inhales deeply, then jerks the chain attatched to your arm. "Come on, I have some things I need to do."

You furrow your brow with curiosity. "What is that?" You ask.

"We need food. And I'm nominating you to get some for us." He replies.

"Like a grocery store or...?" You ask.

"Well yeah a grocery store. Where else would you get it."

"Sorry.... I was just kinda confused that you're trusting me to go into a grocery store. Like, why can't you do it?" You look at him up and down.

The man sighs. "I just can't. One, I don't wanna blow my cover. And two... well you're more normal than I am." He replies. "I can't take my mask off. So that's why I'm making you do it."

"How're we gonna get there?" You ask.

"I have a car you dense, unobserved individual. It's around back. God, were in the middle of the forest. What do you expect us to do? Walk? Let's go get in the car." He yanks on the chain, causing pain to shoot up your arm and he basically drags you to the old, beat up brown Ford truck waiting for you behind the cabin.

The man unhooks the cuffs and pushes you into the passenger side of the truck, slamming the door shut behind you.
He then gets in the drivers side and starts the truck, backing out of the spot and driving down a small path that is barely noticeable through the forest.

"When we get into town, I am going to stop at the smallest, least populated grocery store. I want you to go in, grab what's on this list," he holds up a piece of notebook paper, "pay, and get out of there. Don't say anything. Don't tell them who you are. I'm going to give you ten minutes and if you take any longer, you will be in trouble." The man says.

You just nod in return, already running a plan through your head. He's letting you into civilisation...

A/n: geeeeez, sorry it's taken me so long to update. Lifes been a lil crazy for me and I've had some issues with motivation on updating a lot of my stories. Haha but anywho, hopefully the next chapter will be up soon. Love you all and thanks so much on the support with this story!