[ O N E ]

it was no surprise to anyone when zukos touch seemed to linger.

they'd all nearly expected that type of behavior. for gods sake the poor boy grew up without ever being loved, besides his uncle. dad never showed any appreciation. mom left. azula was a sadistic perfectionist who was brainwashed to act that way. the only girl who had really shown him anything was mai, and even she was gone now.

katara warmed up to him, and even she wasn't so bitchy anymore.

toph was the same as always, blind and sassy.

aang hadn't changed much at all. although in these past few months he had certainly started to grow into his looks. he was still a goofball, just grown.

mai disspeared.

suki was dead.

this leaves us with sokka. sukis death had affected everyone, of course. just not as much as it did sokka, and with obvious reasons. after his mother died, he swore he'd live through it. after yue turned into the moon, he thought he'd never love again. he didn't wanna feel that pain. and then suki stepped into his life and took his breath away.

despite how childish sokka could act, when it came to girls, looks never mattered to him. he cared about what was on the inside. and suki was a light at the end of the tunnel.

and then she soon met her demise as well.

sokka was absolutely destroyed, but he'd tried to stay strong for the gaang. it wasn't easy though. every girl he'd ever loved died.

minus katara and toph, but he wouldn't even be surprised if they were next. it made him feel like he had some type of curse or something.

sokka was soft and fragile now. that once warrior-like mindset had crumbled with the memories of suki. katara constantly bringing up their mother didn't make it any better, and she'd tried to help him with grieving suki.

aang decided he'd stay silent on the situation unless sokka asked for help. toph could feel it at night when sokka was crying. it wasn't very much, the vibrations. but she'd picked up on every move they all made. just the rhythm of how they each walked would tell her who it was.

although the floor wasn't earth toph had gotten better at picking up signals and stuff like that.

_____________________________

2:48 am.

here we were, in sokkas room of ba sing se.

he'd tossed and turned all night long it seemed. even though they'd won and everything was supposed to be turning around, he felt like he was just turning in the opposite direction. the days were starting to become a blur, meshing together into one.

the once food loving boy rarely ate anymore.

sokka still had his spirit in him, it was there. hidden deep down beneath the ashes of what just burnt down not even 3 weeks ago.

zuko watch sokka crumble as a human being. he understood what he was feeling to a certain extent, but he'd never decided to bring it up with sokka. zuko didn't want to intrude on him. but sokka was desperate for someone to listen.

aang was great! he listened very well- he was just very optimistic. aang understood loss, a great deal of it too. sometimes it just wasn't what sokka needed.

toph was never great with handling her feelings anyway so he hadn't bothered.

and katara was a different story. sokka knew she was just trying to relate and help him but everytime he brought something up it was just her telling her own stories about mom, about yue, about suki. how she was trying so hard to relate to something she just didn't. she didn't get it, even though she thought she did.