[ F I V E ]

sokka was up at the crack of dawn in zukos room. he'd fallen asleep at some point, and now his mid life crisis had really escalated.

firstly, zuko slept with his back towards him. that doesn't happen. not.. usually.

secondly, sokka couldn't get the idea or thought of experimenting with zuko out of his head.

thirdly, he needed to talk to someone. he normally ran to zuko but for obvious reasons he couldn't do that with this situation.

he slipped himself out of bed nearly silently, and tiptoed down the hall to kataras room.

why was sokka going to katara you may ask? well, she'd been there since day one. he didn't remember what his mom looked like, or even sounded like.

despite the 2 year age difference, and katara being the younger one, she'd just taken good care of him. they were close. sokka and katara had always been close, they didn't have anyone else to depend on.

"KATARA!" sokka burst through the door to her room. to his surprise she was zonked. he didn't get up till usually 9, he just assumed she was up at dawn. apparently not.

sokka rolled his eyes and shut the door behind him. now he was just standing there, anticipating her to actually do something.

did she? no.

"katara wake up."

katara finally huffed and sat up out of bed, confused nonetheless. "what do you want, sokka." she said softly, trying to be there for him.

"i need help."

"okay...? can i at least wake up a little before i try giving advice-? or is this a right now urgency." by now katara had rubbed her eyes at least 4 or 5 times, and opened the blinds.

"no. it's urgent. i need help now." maybe try telling her what this is about.

well, that's the thing. sokka had already been trying to spit it out. he could not get the actual issue to get out.

"okay okay! then what is it. you can't beg for help and then not tell me what you need help with." katara had predicted this would be about suki, but he should have said something about her by now.

"i'm trying."

"what do you mean you're trying? just tell me what it is sokka, and stop.. stop standing there like an idiot. come sit." katara huffed, patting the white comforter infront of her.

so like obliged and went and sat down on the spot. he sat for a minute before flopping down on his back.

it was quiet for a few moments, and the sun was starting to come up over the horizon through the window. katara decided against having them open, and closed them again.

"so.. you gonna sit there and stare at the ceiling in silence or are you gonna talk to me?" katara pushed. she was starting to realize maybe this was a little more serious than she thought.

"i just need a minute." sokka kept his eyes glued to the ceiling. it certainly didn't take a minute, no. it took less. probably because he wasn't saying exactly what he needed too.

"can you kiss your friends?" what a dumb question.

katara raised a brow. "what?" she got woken up before dawn, for that? who was rhis even about.

"i meant what i said. can you kiss your friends. like is that.. is that weird? i don't know. i've seen tons of people kiss their friends before. i just wanted to try it i guess-"