[ T W E L V E ]

sorry

______________________

it might've been about 4 in the morning when zuko turned over on his other side to look at sokka. he was asleep, snoring softly.

maybe an hour had passed since sokka rolled over onto his back.

zuko thought he looked pretty. but he always thought that, he overthought everything too, including what happened tonight.

it was good, they spent the rest of night giggling and kissing like some stupid middle school crush.

it was good then. but how far was this going? was this going to last..? zuko loved him.

he thinks so at least.

did he?

yeah. what kind of question if is that.

do i?

yes. i'm just overthinking, i always do that. what a silly question.

the next 10 seconds were silent in his head before that familiar voice chimed in again.

what if he hurts us?

what?

what if he hurts you?

sokkas not a psychopath. im safe with him.

you won't have any freedom anymore.

yes i will.. ive had it for a long time. come on, i've moved past it. sokka is the person who makes me feel like im on top of the world.

he's the person who is going going to drive you into the ground.

i don't get it.

you gave him too much power. remember the last time someone had power over you?

sokka doesn't have power over me. stop.

yes he does.

no he doesn't.

he could destroy you. everything you've worked to build? he's gonna break it.

sokkas not a fucking idiot, brain.

what're you gonna do then? you'll have nothing. we won't have anything.

i've dealt with nothing before. i'll be fine.

he's going to hurt us.

no he isn't. stop, just stop. i need to stop. i cant be thinking like this because sokka won't do that, he's kind. he's literally the softest human being i've ever met. he wouldn't intentionally hurt me.

why do you trust him so much?

i don't know. i just explained it.

why would you trust him?

because i want to. i have freedom and i'll do what i please- now if you'll excuse me, me. we're going to bed. stop. right now.

remember how mom and dad turned out?

why is this relevant.

mom left.

i'm aware of that.

sokkas going to leave you.

that's not how things work.

he's gonna leave.

no. he's not.

he's taking advantage of your trust. he's taking advantage of you and using you.