[ T W O ]

sokka didn't know what time zuko left that night- or more of morning.

but he had awoken tucked in neatly, his hair out of his usual updo and somewhat 'brushed.' sokka felt a lot better this morning, even though it really wasn't the morning. more of 2 pm, but whatever.

it worked, plus sokka actually slept for once thanks to zuko.

__________________________

2:56 pm.

zuko was over in the main spot the gaang hung out in. toph and aang conversing over something he couldn't find the motivation to care about. katara was sitting on the chair on her phone.

ever since zuko had woke up that morning at 8 o clock sharp, there was one thing on his mind.

firstly, he woke up in sokkas room, sokka still on top of him gently holding on to him. this was surprising. he would've expected the smaller boy to leave his side. or.. top? well- either way sokka didn't.

this left zuko incredibly uncomfortable; but in a homey type of way? this felt right. so so right. to have sokka with him, to be holding him and making sure he was okay. he didn't wanna let go either, sokkas touch was calming.

the only reason this situation was uncomfortable was because sokka was a boy.

boys don't.. do that with each other. do they? he'd never seen it, and when he did they always got in trouble for it.

that's the reason he put sokka down at the other edge of the bed, gently laying him down on his pillows and tucking him in. he was too much in his own head to lay there awake anymore, so he got up and made himself busy.

this left hundreds of questions running through zukos mine as he tried to keep busy. maybe katara could help?

it was worth a shot. she was his sister after all.

zuko slid a chair beside katara and sat awkwardly until he was addressed. after a few minutes of silence between the two katara finally gave in.

"can i help you?" she finally looked up from her phone.

"uhm. hi." zuko was still trying to get used to having a normal conversation with her. usually she snapped.

"hi..? i asked you a question, zuko." katara raised a brow, glancing back down at the device before finally setting it on the table for good.

"right. i need to talk to you about sokka." he said softly, scooching in a little.

"okay. what about him?" katara leaned back in her seat, waiting for zuko to say something.

"i'm worried."

"yeah. we all are." she said simply, there wasn't anything else to it. everyone in the gaang was worried about him.

"i know that. i just.. i don't know. nevermind. you wouldn't get it." zuko decided he'd stop talking before he made a fool of himself with these.. thoughts.

"-wouldn't get what?" sokka cut in, smiling brightly. he was leaning in the doorway. his hair was back up in the ponytai- warriors wolf tail, as he called it. there were bags under his eyes, and he looked exhausted.

zuko flinched a little, along with katara.

"sokka!" aang called out, smiling wider than he had in while. aang was always cheery to see sokka, he was a great person.

"hey aang. nice to know tophs happy to see me." sokkas smile faded, and he went and sat down across from katara and zuko.

"sokka, i've never seen you." toph added in, then went back to her conversation with aang.