Chapter 11: Short!

Ms. Evans' Class (7th Period Computer Room)

(Trey sits at his computer staring at Lisa)

Trey: ...

(The bell rings)

Ms. Evans: Qadir wants to speak to you all in the lunchroom, that is not the bell to go home.

Trey: (Knew this was coming...)

Lunchroom

Qadir

Qadir: Now

Qadir: Now... I hate to bring up what happened yesterday, but as you all know, one of our students; Benji, was shot yesterday and is now in the hospital. It's unfortunate but thankfully he should be fine. I want you all to keep him in your prayers. I think it's safe to say he was the target, but for them to come regardless of us releasing you all early leaves room for speculation. This is why we restrict the usage of phones in the school. We're not sure if a student played a role in what happened, but we don't wanna start accusing people. I just ask that you all turn in your devices. Otherwise, it could leave room for you to be accused or phones to be looked into. I personally wouldn't wanna have to go that far. With that being said, that isn't the only reason I've called you all down here.

(Qadir pulls a gun out of his back pocket)

Gvon: (Fuck!)

(Everybody stares in confusion)

Qadir: This was found in a nearby alley. See, I have my security guards check for things like this.

Trey: (Did he really bring his gun to school?)

Qadir: Whoever this belongs to, I would ask that you come to me personally about this. Doesn't have to be now, and no, you won't be getting it back. But if you're a real man or woman, you will own up to it. THIS BULLSHIT WILL NOT BE TOLERTED, FAMILY. WE AIN'T HAVING IT THIS YEAR. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH Y'ALL? YOU ASK ME MY OPINION AND I'LL TELL YOU: THIS SHIT IS RIDICULOUS. YOU GONE RISK BRINGING THIS TO A SCHOOL? IMAGINE IF WE HADN'T FOUND IT AND SOMEBODY ELSE DID. WAKE THE HELL UP, FAMILY. YOU TRAPPED IN YA' OWN GODDAMN HEAD. YOU THINK YOU A REAL ONE CUZ' YOU GOTTA GUN? LET ME BE THE ONE TO TELL YOU. YOU SOFT AS HELL WITH THIS GUN IN YO' HAND. YOU KNOW ITS MOTHERFUCKERS OUT HERE HAPPY AS HELL TO SEE SO MANY DEATHS BY BLACK ON BLACK CRIME? IMA SAY THIS AND Y'ALL STILL GONE BE POSTING THE GUNS ON SOCIAL MEDIA THINKING YOU TOUGH. YOU ONLY FOOLING YA' SELF FAMILY. YOU AIN'T A REAL ONE WITH THIS GUN IN YO HAND, MAN. Y'ALL OUT HERE GANGBANGING AND DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU REALLY CLAIMIN'. Y'ALL MISGUIDED AS HELL. EVERYBODY WANNA APPEAR A CERTAIN WAY, BUT AIN'T NOBODY WHAT THEY TRYNA PAINT THEY SELF OUT TO BE. WAKE THE HELL UP, FAMILY. Y'ALL GOT BROTHERS IN JAIL THAT'S IN THERE FOR LIFE BECAUSE THEY WAS OUT DOING THE SAME DUMB SHIT YOU DOING NOW. YOU GONE FOLLOW THAT SAME PATH? WHERE YOU THINK YOU GONE END UP AT?