four│three rules

I met Athena up near the gate once we were done with our mixing up. She held up her hand and I highfived her, smiling, but inside, I was frightened. "Want to go get ice cream to celebrate?" Athena asked.

"Sorry! My brother wants me home before 11!"

"Oof, he's still falling for the party thing?"

"Yup," I nodded, laughing, feeling slightly better. We had both told our families that we were going to a party at each other's house, and so far they hadn't suspected anything. My oldest brother, Kyle, was twenty one and he was a cop so he was extra protective on keeping tabs whenever I left the house.

"Ok, see you tomorrow?" Athena asked, reaching over to give me a hug, after we walked a few more blocks. Her house was in the neighborhood a block away from mine so this is where we had to part ways. I didn't know how I felt about walking the rest of the way home alone but it's not like I had a choice. I nodded and hugged her back as she skipped in the other direction towards her house, looking back and waving every so often. I chuckled watching her. Athena was the type of girl everyone wanted to be around, with her bright smile and welcoming arms to everyone anywhere.

I took off my shoes and entered the house through the front door. "Autumn?" I heard my second older brother, Colin's, voice call. I followed the sound of his voice upstairs to his room. His room always made me feel cozy, with it's blue walls and lego structures that we always teased him about on the shelf, that brought back childhood memories. It had a drumset in the corner and posters and paintings hung up all over the room.

"Come here," he patted the empty spot on the bed next to him, "let's make sure you didn't drink." I rolled my eyes but still walked over to him. My brothers were both cool unless you broke one of their three rules, made specifically for me, their only younger sister. Number one was never sneaking out. Number two was never to drink alcohol. And number three was never have a boyfriend without us approving first. I've never had a problem with any of the rules but the rules always drove Athena crazy. 'Let her have fun will you? You're worse than her parents!' Athena screamed often.

Colin moved his pointer finger in front of my eyes and I followed it with my eyes, knowing the drill. "Okay, you passed," he decided after two more runs.

I rolled my eyes again, something I did often around my brothers. "Yup, I know, told you I didn't drink," I stuck my tongue out at him, pretending it annoyed me.

He waved his hand towards the door, signaling for me to leave, "yeah, yeah, now go!"

this is how Colin's room looks:

a/n: hi everyone! ever had over protective siblings? ive always wanted an older brother!

anyways, much love you all!