five│bullseye

"Want to come to the fair tonight?" I sling my backpack off my shoulder and drop it on the floor, joining Athena in leaning on the car.

School had just ended and the prank went exactly as planned. Rumors went around the entire day on who the prankers were and I just listened, smiling to myself slyly. Everyone attempted to open their lockers this morning, only to realize the locks were messed up, and their books were stuck inside. Only after third period, is when they realized that it was part of the senior prank. Everyone exchanged locks with each other through the serial numbers on the back and only an unlucky few, who had forgotten their numbers, struggled to find their locks. Me and Athena found ours right away because we remembered where we hid ours so we had the entire period to ourselves.

"Hm? Oh, the new one?" I ask, sliding my phone out of my jean pocket.

"Is there any other fair here?" she gives me a 'duh' look and I shrug shooting her a smile and nod, agreeing to go to the fair. "Great, pick you up at 6?"

"You know it!"

Staring at my reflection in the full length mirror, I examine the fifth outfit I tried on. The skinny high waisted blue jeans hug around my waist and my black crop top fits perfectly with it, passing my brothers' dress code while looking similar to everyone else's' outfits. Grabbing a pair of earrings from my jewelry box, I push the dangling silver earrings onto my ear. Perfect. I sling my loose braid over my shoulder and tuck a piece of loose hair, that once used to be bangs, behind my ear. Hearing the chime of the doorbell ring, I give a small smile at my reflection, passing the approval, and run down the stairs to answer the door.

Kyle had beat me to it though and I heard him saying, "be back at 10 okay?" and rolled my eyes. Athena was politely nodding from the other side of the door, even though she had complained about my protective brothers many times. When she saw me walking down the stairs though, she gave me a wide grin, and basically dragged me to her car. I buckled my seat belts and looked back to see my brother frowning at something on his phone. I waved at him through the window to let him know that we were going and he looked up, pasting a smile on his face as he waved back. I saw the smile drop as soon as we turned the corner though and wondered what made him upset.

"Okay so north high kids are going to be here too, so be ready to check out some hot guys!" she waggled one of her eyebrows at me.

"Yes ma'am, along with the entire town!" I say faking cheerfulness. Athena knew I hate crowds, which was the exact reason she dragged me along to every crowded place she knew.

She punched me playfully on the arm when we reached a signal, "Oh come on, don't be a party pooper, we might even find you a boyfriend!" she sang the last part, making my cheeks go red, blushing.

"Let's do this!" Athena exclaimed as we pulled into the parking lot. She pumped her fist in the air as the car door slammed shut behind her.

We walked through the fair, our eyes wandering through the colorful booths on the way. Athena saw a few girls from our school and being the social butterfly she is, she ran towards them, leaving me surrounded in a sea of strangers. I sighed, wondering yet again why I had agreed to come. Deciding to play a ring toss game to pass time, I walked over to a quiet orange booth, away from all the chaos.

"Welcome to ring toss. Two dollar for five rings." she said, examining her nails, sounding bored.

"Kayla!" a voice snapped from behind the curtains on the other side of the booth, "Act excited."

"Fine!" she whipped her head, around squinting her eyes. "Welcome!" she said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

Taking out a few dollar bills from my pocket, I handed them to a girl who didn't look much older than me. She had blonde hair and was wearing a jean jacket over a dark red crop top. She passed me three rings in return and I stood at the line she directed me to. Focusing on the array of bottles just a few feet away from me inside the booth, I threw a ring and it landed perfectly on one of the bottles, three away from the bullseye. I shook my head and regained focus, picking up my next ring, and imitating the throw, without actually letting go. Then, I let go and threw the second one. Bulls eye!

The girl, Kayla, and another boy, probably the one behind the curtain, stared at me shocked. I stared back at them, not liking the attention towards me. They both looked down instantly, like they were caught doing something wrong.

"Guys, we need t-" I couldn't believe my eyes, the boy from the school, Adrien walked in. His eyes widened as he saw me and froze, mid sentence.

a/n: have an awesome day!

much love!