seven│why

The next day, I woke up tired because I slept late, doing some more research about the Street Bunch gang. I didn't want to get involved and I hoped to never run into them again but I figured it was always good to be prepared.

Picking up my phone from my nightstand, I looked at the string of notifications waiting on my home page. Five notifications were from Athena asking me if I'm okay. Three were from my mom who was on a business trip.. for the millionth time. Seventeen from our physics group chat. And three from... an unknown number.

I replied to Athena first, reassuring her that I'm completely okay. The unknown number texts' contact number read 510-874-92**, which was a number I didn't recognize. I clicked on it, hands shaking.

'You will come to the dumpster behind Target at 6:00 pm today, September 6, without anyone following, if you want Colin to live.'

I gasped, my eyes widening, and scrolled more to see a picture of Colin by the park, one that I took just last week. Who is this and how did they get this picture? I wondered. Colin and Kyle were the ones who were there for me my entire life, even more than my parents. My parents were always busy or on business trips so the times we were all at the same place were rare ones. I loved Colin and Kyle dearly even if they drove me crazy half the time. What if something actually happened to Colin? I shivered as the thought even crossed me. There was no way. What other choice do I have besides meeting them at the park? Why does this stuff keep happening to me?

a/n: who is this anonymous number and why are they texting autumn? 

thank you! much love!