ten│not funny

"Come on, sis! Please!" Kyle had instructed my Colin to watch me tonight, as if I needed babysitting, but the Ridgewood basketball finals were today and Colin was begging me to tag along as it was the only way he would be allowed to go. Kyle had escaped, saying he had a shift at the station, leaving me stuck with Colin.

"Fine!" I groaned, wishing he would leave me alone. He immediately popped up from his begging position and gave me a quick hug before running up the stairs to get his fan jersey. I was still exhausted from the 'test' this evening and couldn't believe they wanted me to join the most famous gang in New York. "Colin, get my socks on the way down!" I screamed, kneeling on the stairs, right when I heard him start down the stairs. I heard him groan as he stomped up the three stairs he had just got down. I grinned to myself when he threw the socks straight at my face after retrieving them from my room.

Grabbing the car keys from our key holder, a bowl that we kept on the kitchen island, Colin reached up to open the sliding garage door. Popping open the trunk of the car, he threw his basketball and a duffel bag of posters in. He always brought them to the game because 'you never know when you might get an autograph.' I sat on the cement garage floor and tied my black converse before opening the car door to get in. The car suddenly jolted into reverse, making me leap back, and fall to the ground.

"Colin!" I screamed, when I saw him watching him from the driver's seat, hand on the brake, with a sly smirk on his face. "Not funny! I could have died! And how would you explain that to dad?" I dramatically picked up my phone that had fallen during the fall and flipped my hair before getting in the car, watching Colin carefully this time so he wouldn't repeat the action. I flipped him off before turning on the radio to the music station. Singing at the top of my lungs in a screechy voice to annoy Colin, I held my hand in a fist as a microphone, as he sent me a glare before turning back to the road.

"Can we get starbucks?"

"Such high maintenance," scolded Colin, but he turned on the indicator to switch routes.

When the car came to the stop at the parking lot of Starbucks, I clicked off my seatbelt and got out. Leaning through the car window to see Colin was still in the car, I asked, like the kind sister I am, "What do you want?"

He looked up from his phone that he had already pulled out of his pocket, "Uhh.. mocha frappuccino?" I put my hand out and he rolled his eyes, before pulling put a few crumpled dollar bills from the opening pouch of the car. Satisfied, I took the money from him before walking inside the store.

hi! such a cute sibling relationship! hope you all are doing well with this pandemic and everything. comment how you all are passing time!

 much love!