Chapter 2

Need help asap. Lilith's gone missing. After having read the text he had just gotten from Randall, Hamish put his phone back into his pocket and rushed to the spot where Randall and Nicole were.

"I got your text, what happened? Weren't you supposed to look after her?" Hamish spoke looking right at Nicole who was sitting next to Randall.

"That's exactly what I was doing, but one second of distraction and she was gone

- One second of distraction?" Hamish raised his eyebrow, trying not to be mad at Nicole.

"Says the one that has been locked up with his girlfriend for hours" said ironically Randall.

"We are not together. I was simply supporting the Grand Magus after what she'd been through all day

- Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Ugh, whatever

- What does this mean?

- Stop it!" called Nicole who was sick of being surrounded by werewolves picking on each other all the time. "There's no time for an argument here. We need to find Lilith".

Both Randall and Hamish nodded, then focused back on the situation.

"Did she say anything before leaving the house?

- Uh-uh, she was repeating the same old phrase "I must go back. This isn't my home anymore"" answered Nicole trying hard to remember her every conversation with Lilith.

"Do you think Timber had some idea and dragged her outside the house to do whatever he had on his mind?

- Why would I know?" demanded Hamish concerned. "You know, just like me, that Timber is a loner and that he can disappear for days without anyone noticing it or finding him

- She's never done that before

- But Cassie did" replied Hamish, looking almost sad remembering his dead first love.

"Who is Cassie?

- Doesn't matter Nicole

- Well, I don't get a word about what you're saying right now. Let's follow the compass, I think the incantation is ready to be performed" she responded looking at the bowl in front of her.

Nicole, the bowl in the hands, was walking towards the door, followed by Hamish and Randall.

"Where is Gabrielle?" asked Hamish out of the blue.

"Dunno" answered Randall very quickly, hoping it was his best lie.

"You two, go faster!" called Nicole from the outside, waiting for the two werewolves to join her. "Enough with the chit-chat, let's concentrate on Lilith" she lectured them once they finally caught up, surprising both of the boys.

"She's at the bar?" said Nicole in disbelief looking at the entrance of the building the compass had led them to.

Hamish and Randall shrugged, not that surprised after all.

"Anyway, just let's go and see if she's in there" said Hamish before pushing the front door.

The interior was loud with at least a dozen of students talking, dancing, studying while drinking beers and eating burgers. The three of them split, covering the whole bar in search for their friend.

"She's nowhere to be found" sighed Randall as they were gathering again.

"Did you check the bathroom?

- On it" said Nicole before walking away.

"This compass is not working!

- Wow easy there Nicole" said Randall when he saw her smashed the bowl against the wall.