Chapter 5

"We're going to need help to find Kepler" said Hamish as he was running to catch up with Jack who was walking out of the campus.

"And what do you suggest?

- Ask Randall and Gabrielle

- Oh uh I see her in the same room as me and I'll kill her" replied Jack laughing grudgingly.

"You are not killing anyone

- I am not, Silverback is" he replied with an attitude, still deeply angry at Midnight.

"Silverback is not about revenge, Jack. By thinking this way, you're the one turning it into Midnight's worst bad side". Jack knew Hamish was right, but he couldn't help wanting Gabrielle dead.

"She deserves it

- Because she killed Alyssa who has become the number one enemy of The Order?" wanted to know Hamish. Obviously, he got why his friend was upset, but from another point of view, Gabrielle was not the one to blame. "Midnight did what he was trained and born to: erase bad magic. That is just tragic it had to be Alyssa today" finished Hamish giving Jack a sympathetic look.

"Tragic? That is totally fucked up! She was lost, not a villain. She's the one who help us recover our memory, fight Edward Coventry and cover our asses everytime we made a wrong call!

- Vera did

- Don't you dare put this all on Vera. I get it, you like her. But she's so not kind to us. So, don't tell me she's the one that has been saving our asses for all this time. Alyssa was!

- Because she had no choice Jack, and because she cared about you, not because she was all werewolf loving. And yet, lately, she was not the one we used to know or worked with. Anyone could have killed her if it was not for Midnight

- You don't know that

- Yes, because we swore an oath to protect The Order against all threats" paused Hamish before speaking again. "And she became one". Saying those words was making him feel bad for Jack but, as the leader of the Knights, he wanted to reason with him before the situation gets out of control.

"Months ago, you wouldn't give a damn about The Order. You would even kill all of their members. But you changed your mind for the person you love. First, for your friends and then for Vera Stone

- We're not—

- Don't interrupt me" said Jack. "You, more than anyone should understand that it is not because a person made a bad choice or act one way that she's evil and she deserves to die. Otherwise, the Grand Magus would have died quite a long time ago. Gabrielle should have known that too because she was fucking evil last year! I was just asking for y'all to give Alyssa a second chance. But, thank you for your consideration" declared Jack throwing his arms in the air. Hamish could see how hurt and sad he was at the moment. Memories of Cassie's death made him realize what Jack's was going through. He just wished they had known better and Midnight had not been so desperate for revenge.

"Can you at least ignore her until we find Kepler? It'll help Alyssa and Lilith" pleaded Hamish looking at his friend walking away towards the manor they had reached while talking.

"Will do my best" answered Jack in a kind of whisper showing the degree of his weariness and deception.

"Oh dude, Imma kick your ass if you're here for the same reasons you left!" shouted Randall when he spotted Jack entering the house.

"No one is fighting anyone" replied harshly Hamish following Jack and shooting Randall a look.