Chapter 6

"I said no fighting!" yelled Hamish at both Jack and Gabrielle. Randall was trying to calm down Gabrielle while Hamish was still holding a grip on Jack's shirt.

"Get your hands off me" said Jack pushing Hamish away.

"Not until you calm yourself down" he replied giving him a look.

"Wow, did I miss something here?" said Lilith who was watching her friendq tear apart with Gabrielle who was now Midnight's champion.

"How did you know Gabrielle was Midnight?" asked Hamish turning around to look at her without releasing his grip.

"She had transformed when I found her. Totally ignored it was her until she turned back into a human. But what the heck? Gabrielle Duprés is not fit to be a Knight". Lilith was astonished how one of their worst enemy has turned into an ally, to eventually be chosen by Midnight.

"I don't get it" she explained to the others who were all looking at her, Gabrielle and Jack calmed down a bit.

"She wanted to belong" began Hamish.

"And she's not that bad" stated Randall still standing right next to Gabrielle in case she'd intent another attack against Jack.

"Says the one whose biggest fear is to fall for the enemy aka The Order members" laughed Lilith.

"You tell me" he replied, glancing at Nicole.

"Shut up" she cut him off. "What was this about anyway? Why is she trying to kill ya?" she then added looking at Jack.

"She is here and has a name in case you'd have forgotten" says Gabrielle irritated.

"Well, she killed Alyssa" replied Jack emphasizing the word "she" glaring at Gabrielle.

"What?!". Lilith's scream sounded more like a complaint than she wanted it to be, but she just learned she has lost her former best friend. "Not that it upsets me anyway, but why kill her?". She was building a facade like she was used to. Not in a million times she would have wished for Alyssa to be killed. She wasn't either willing to forgive her after all what had happened, but deep down she was feeling sad and upset her former best friend was gone.

"I don't know okay? Why y'all kept on asking? That wolf gets control over me, there's no way I could have stopped it. And now, I stink, have hairs and fur everywhere Ew! Just so we get our things straight: I did not ask for this to happen" said Gabrielle looking at each werewolf present in the room.

"You kinda did" whispered Randall giving her a small smile. But he stopped when she shut him up with one glare.

"I am sorry for Alyssa Jack, I did not know what I was doing" she then added taking a step towards him and surprising everyone at the same time. "Do I wish I could turn back time and undo what I've done? A thousand times. But you can't keep wandering ready to kill me at any time. And you, stop protecting me like I was some puppy" she frowned and looked up to find Randall's eyes.

"Now I don't want to hear from that oath until I can control that thing inside of me" she added and judging from her look this was not opened to debate.

"We'll see about that" started Hamish. "For now, we need to find Councilor Kepler".

"She's missing?" asked Nicole. This was the second time in less than an hour that she was acknowledging pretty heavy news about The Order.

"Oh, let me guess..." smirked Randall "...Vera wants us to find Councilor Kepler" he rephrased mocking Hamish and sounding annoyed at the same time.

Right when he had finished his phrase, Randall gulped and stopped talking.

"How are we supposed to locate her?". Nicole was starting to run out of options.