Chapter 7

The moment I ran in I felt like a huge weight was being pushed on my chest. I couldn't breathe. There was physically no oxygen. I started inhaling but I wasn't getting any air. My hands went to my throat as I started to heave, all breath being sucked out of my lungs. I saw a light in the distance and two voices calling out my name. That was the last thing I heard before my vision started to blur and I collapsed.    
"Wow" I thought "I didn't think I was gonna die like this." But before I inevitably died I heard a loud pop. I squeezed my eyes shut but It did no good. MY ears were left vibrating worse than the twin towers did on 9/11.  I started inhaling, "WAIT WHAT!" I could breathe again. I started crying and my hands left my throat. I started to stand my knees continuously wobbling. "Layla, DAD!" I called out to no one in particular. I expected to hear a shuffling noise or a voice to return my plea, but nothing. "Wait, if they weren't here then how did I get the oxygen." My question was left unanswered for a few minutes before reality hit me like a bag of bricks. I collected my thoughts and scrambled away from where I was before. I darted behind a  pillar, my breath now ragged and short. But not quickly enough for someone to grab my wrist. "NO," I thought "I was supposed to do this with Layla." The thing leaned in, its cool breath fanning my face. I was squirming and struggling against its firm grasp. I held out my hand trying to bring in the warmth and light of Carlor, but it felt like I was holding hot lava.  "Please" I murmured "Don't do this, Im not ready." Its nails dug into my scalp and it placed its lips on mine as my world faded into darkness. The last thing I felt was it ripping away and letting me fall into someone's crying arms. This was the Vacticium.