Classification

First of all, I would have never gotten an idea like this if I hadn't read BowtieLauren Pup off story so go give that read if you want a good story.

*Vivian's P.O.V*
I stood in line, my arms crossed over my chest. I couldn't believe that today was my classification day. On everyone's 20th birthday, they could choose to be classified. Since everyone in my family chose to be classified, I chose that too.

I walked forward in the line getting closer and closer to the front. I couldn't believe that today was the day. March 19th, I was 20 years old and officially going to be classified as dom.

I reached the front of the line and handed over a copy of my birth certificate and my documents. The birth certificate to confirm my age and the documents to help my classification be decided.

I followed a woman into one of the rooms, noticing the cat and dog toys littering the floor. There was a sign on the door that read 'Exotic pets' on it. I sat down in a chair and the woman wrote that down before picking up a needle.

Everyone knew that when you were classifed that they gave you a sedative to keep you calm and help you not try to hard to get the classification you wanted. I wasn't scared of needles per say but I didn't like the feeling of them going into my arm.

I held my arm out and she stuck the needle in it, pushing the sedative into me. I sighed as I leaned back in my chair, feeling the calm spread through me. The lady gave me a few minutes before speaking to me.

"So Vivian, does any thing in here interest you?" She asked me. I looked around quietly before nodding my head. "Can you bring me the things that interest you?" She questioned me.

I nodded my head as I got up walking around slowly. I picked up a few things from both sides of the room amd brought them back to her, setting them on the table. "Good girl," she smiled. "Now walk around the table to me," she ordered.

I walked around to face her, wondering if I was doing good and going to be classified a dom like I wanted. "Now I want you to try something. Get down on your hands and knees and just sit there," she said.

I frowned as I looked down before slowly lowering myself, sitting there quietly as I watched there. She picked up one of the toys I had grabbed, my eyes immediately trained on the ball. She waved it around in front of me, my eyes following every movement. She set it down and grabbed a rope toy, waving it in front of my face.

I bit down on the rope toy and slowly backed up, tugging on it. She tugged back making me utter a growl as she tugged on it. I whined when she pulled it out of my mouth, crawling back to her. "Let's go ahead and test these too," she stated.

She lifted up a stick that had feathers attached to the end. She dangled the feathers in front of me and I felt my perspective switch. I lifted my hand and batted at it while crouching down slightly.

She smiled and let me catch it before bending down to pet me. I hissed when she scratched my back a bit to hard for my liking making her pull her hand back. She wrote something down and stood up, reaching down and pulling me up.

"Come we have other things we need to test," she said guiding me to the exotic pet room. I looked around at the stuff curiously. "Pick anything that interests you," she said.

"Nothing here interests me," I stated making her nod and lead me through the next door. This was obviously the little area from the looks of it. The room had toys all around it for all ages.

"Any thing here interest you?" She asked me curiously. I shook my head and she nodded. "Alright then," she stated guiding me into the next room which was clearly a waiting room. "Have a seat and I'll be out in a few minutes," she stated, going through a side door.

I sat down in a chair and stared at my lap quietly. I hoped I got dominant even though a part of me knew I didn't. I wondered what my parents would think if I got something other than dom. My dad had been classified as a caregiver and my mother had gotten the classification of exotic pet owner. Neither of them had ever used their classification and gotten a pet or little for themselves. I was excited to be the first one in my family to be able to get a pet or a little and now I probably wasn't going to.

I looked up when I heard the door open. The lady walked over and sat down by me with a little bag. "So I'll explain some things here for your okay?" She said.

"Okay," I nodded my head slightly. I played with the edges of my frayed jeans nervously.

"So what your classification is a puppy/kitten switch. So you'll switch between kitten and puppy. Quite rare in the pet world," she said. I frowned slightly and sighed. "Not happy with the result?" She asked.

"No, I'm not. I wanted to be a dom," I said with a small frown on my lips. "Everyone in my family is a dominant," I stated softly.

"Well it can't be helped," she sighed softly. "You can always try to reclassify next year," she stated.

"Yes, I suppose you're right," I nodded my head. Every year people can try and reclassify to try and get different results.

"Now in this bag is the rope toy and feather toy you played with. There's also your certificate with your classification. On top of that, there's a few brochures for pet classes you can attend if you would like," she told me.

"I don't think I will attend them," I said. "What about finding an owner?" I asked nervously.

"There are tons of meetups all over the kingdom," she told me. "And remember if they claim they're a dom and they're under 25 or 26 then they're lying," she said. I nodded my head, already knowing this. All doms that wanted to have a sub had to go to school for 5 to 6 years depending on the sub.

"Now do you have someone to take you home? The sedative means you aren't allowed to drive home," she stated.

"Yeah, my parents are going to drive me home," I said as she handed me the bag.

"Alright then that door leads outside," she pointed out a door.

"Alright, thank you," I smiled softly as I got up and waved bye before going out of the door. I looked around and took a deep breath before going to find my parents.

"Vivian, there you are," my mother said when she spotted me. Her and my father were standing under a tree talking when I came up to them.

"Hey mom," I smiled weakly at them as I stood there.

"What type of dom did you get?" She asked reaching out and effortlessly taking the bag. She pulled my certificate out and her and my father looked it over as I stood there quietly with a frown. "You're a pet?" She asked as they both looked at me in confusion.

"Yeah," I said softly. "I'm sorry, once they gave me the sedative I couldn't suppress how I felt about the pet stuff," I apolgized as my mother took a step towards me while my father walked off.