~2~

~Romeo Anthony Brown~

The sun was slowly rising above the horizon, making its appearance with its bright rays. It shined through Romeo's window, hitting his face. Slowly opening his eyes, he rose and stretched his limbs. Looking at the clock, it read 6:00am.

Getting out of bed, he went to the bathroom to relieve himself like he does every morning. After he did his hygiene routine, he walked down the hall to his sister's room. He entered her room quietly not wanting to alarm her.

"Angel? It's 6:15 and I don't want you late for class." He said shaking her gently, but all he received was a loud groan.

"5 more minutes."

"Nah, bruh, last time I gave you '5 more minutes', you overslept. Come on, na'. Get up."

Silence. She had rolled over on her stomach and dozed off. She really didn't want to go to her morning classes right now.

"Shayla, get yo ass up." He hit her on leg making her jerk to the other side of the bed. "MOVE!" She grumbled out.

"Don't lemme come back up here and you not up. I got some for yo ass." He left the room and went downstairs to start cooking breakfast. He turned on the TV and put it on the news channel.

He was cooking the pancakes until he heard a voice behind him.

"It smells good as fuck in here. Ooouuu them cinnamon rolls?" Mareo said tried to reach for one but got smacked on his hand.

"Ouch! Nigga lemme get one!"

"No, you gon3 wait until I finish cooking. Go sit yo greedy ass down somewhere." Mareo smacked his teeth but listened to his brother. He went and sat on the island and waited.

"It's been 10 minutes since I woke ha up. Shay!" He didn't get a response back so he called her again. "Shayla Dior!" Nothing again. This was every other day.

"I'll be back. Don't you touch nothin', dude."

"Yea aight." Mareo said watching his brother leave the kitchen. He then tried to grab a piece of bacon, and felt something hit him against his head.

"Damn!" He exclaimed rubbing his head.

"You hardheaded I said don't touch the damn food!"

"Aight mane chill Imma keep my hands to myself this time."

Romeo left the kitchen and looked for a big pot to pour cold water in. He went upstairs and opened her room door. Without warning, he threw the water onto her, making her jump up frantically.

"Rome! Why would you do that?!" She breathed heavily as she coughed for air after feeling the water burn her nose and eyes.

"I told yo ass to wake up 20 minutes ago. Next time I'ma drag yo ass outta the bed."

Shayla wiped her face of the water and got out of bed, stomping to her bathroom that was adjacent to her room. Romeo followed shortly behind her and looked in her mirror while she messed with her drenched hair.

"Fuckin' asshole." She mumbled her breath.

"Said some, lil mama?" He asked leaning against her door.

"I ain't said nothing."

"Mhm." Shayla rolled her eyes as she began to get ready. "I'ma change yo sheets and comforta' relax." Giving him the silent treatment, she ignored him and cut on her blow dryer, still maintaining eye contact with him.

Romeo smacked his teeth and went back downstairs to check on the food. Looking over at his twin brother, he noticed him with his head down. Thinking nothing of it, he tended back to the food.