~7~

Excuse any grammatical errors and mistakes.

ENJOY!

||

~Omniscient POV~

"HELLO EVERYONE! It's so wonderful to see everyone here tonight!" One of the elders of the group spoke to all as a whole. Everybody was intrigued and responded back except Shayla who didn't care too much about anything or anybody at the moment.

"And I see that we have a very special person here with us for the first time in a while." Everybody turned their heads at Shayla and looked at her. She looked up and frowned her face but dropped it very quickly.

"Do you have anything to say sweetheart?"

"Um Ella, I don't think she wants to be put on the spot just yet.. or at all." Ormandi spoke up for her as she felt the pressure and anxiety start to set in for Shayla.

"I'm sure she doesn't mind!"

"Actually I do. So can you like.. please not do that." Shayla told her rather than asking her.

"Well, your wish is my command sweetheart." Shayla rolled her eyes and leaned back in her seat. Mareo looked down the row to check on his sister and felt bad.

"You gotta stop babying her. She already spoiled as fuck. Kids man." Her uncle, Terrance said as he clasped his hands together and shook his head.

"Mothafucka' you-" Shayla pointed her finger at him but was stopped mid sentence.

"LANGUAGE! My goodness."

"What I'ma need you not to do is address my daughter, T," Lucious vouched and then looked at him, "Or I'ma do something to you about my kids." He warned him with a devilish smirk.

"And nobody's babying her so you can shut yo damn mouth and mind yo business," Ormandi chimed in as well. Lucious and Ormandi might've had a rocky relationship with their daughter, but one thing that they weren't going to tolerate was anybody coming at Shayla sideways. Everybody knew not to try and play with that child of the tribe.

Shayla's mouth curled into a smirk as she glanced over at her uncle. She flipped her hair over her shoulders and propped her arms on the table. "Oh and don't speak on me again. I'll hate to have to hurt yo damn feelings. Besides are you even needed here for this meeting? Everybody knows you only here to save face because you can't even stand the fact of being solo. So you follow up behind yo brother and leech off him to yo advantage but got the nerve to speak on me? Now nigga tread lightly wit yo gutta snipe ass." She read him to filth boring her hazel eyes into his soul.

"Then on top of that, who the fuck told you to open yo yuck ass mouth or asked for yo input? Nigga you the fuckin' help! Youn gotta say so in SHIT!"

Embarrassed, Terrance's jaw began clenching as his wondered his eyes elsewhere. Him of all people should know what it's like to hear and feel the wrath coming from Shayla, but every time showed that he never learned from the previous verbal encounters.

"My, my, my. If it isn't the spark to this family's darkness." A voice from behind announced making everybody turn their heads towards the doorway.

Shayla batted her eyes as she recognized the person that stood at the threshold with an strong presence. Angela Brown. The backbone to the empire. The originator of the infamous bloodline in the flesh.

Angela walked closer to Shayla and stood in front of her. "All these years have gone by and I'm able to see the beautiful woman that's flourish into powerful flame. It's sometimes shocking but a breathtaking sight."