~5~

⚠️WARNING!!⚠️

THIS CHAPTER HAS SEXUAL CONTENT!! If you do not like sexual content in stories, skip the part or the chapter! YOU'VE ALL BEEN WARNED! READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!!!

EXCUSE ANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS AND/OR MISTAKES!

Enjoy!💚

~~~~~

||

~Shayla Dior Brown~

||

Although she got in late that same morning, Shayla still managed to wake up at the same time she always does after only sleeping for 4 hours.  The sun shined through her curtains, resting its rays on her face. Her eyes fluttered slowly before squinting at the bright light. She groaned softly and blocked the brightness with her hand. Getting out of bed, she went to her bathroom to freshen up before heading downstairs.

She went into the kitchen and started grabbing utensils and food to cook herself something to eat. As she was prepping the food and turned on the stove, she heard the sound of footsteps coming downstairs. Assuming that it was one of the twins, she paid it no mind and kept her back turned.

That wasn't until she turned around to retrieve something and unexpectedly made eye contact with Jodeci. Jodeci stood frozen in her spot like she was a deer in headlights before she spoke.

"Oh.. um, hey Shayla, girl." She nervously said rubbing the back of her neck.

"Hm." Shayla rose her eyebrows, looking her up and down pinpointing the love marks that Mareo carelessly left on her neck and chest.

"Oh, I was just visiting your brother that's all." She said as she told her half the truth. Shayla saw right through it and scoffed, shaking her head.

"Just visiting huh?" She questioned as she poured the pancake mix into the skillet. "I ain't the smartest bitch in the world, but you must think I'm stupid?"

Jodeci's face grew into a frown as she became confused and slightly offended but looked down at her chest and saw numerous love marks and instantly covered up. She felt embarrassed enough already that she got caught by his own little sister.

"I'm sorry."

"Yea, I know you are." Shayla mumbled lowly as she continued to cook. "And if you gone have that nigga up there mark you up, wear a shirt at least." She put 2 plates on the island. "Sit down and eat. I know you famished after all the fuckin' y'all did."

Jodeci walked to the stool and sat down. "If you insist."

They sat in silence as Shayla cooked breakfast. It was awfully quiet and Shayla noticed that Jodeci felt nervous being in her presence. She smirked and broke the silence. "Since you are here, what's so urgent that you had to talk to me about?"

"I know that things haven't been the best between us for years and I wanted to be the one to break the ice and start fresh.."

Shayla finished the last of her food and fixed the both of their plates. "We wouldn't be in this predicament if you would've stayed in yo place and stopped being a leech to his ass."

"I know it wasn't right to do what I did, and I wish I can take it back. But when all of those goods and diamonds in front of me, I knew i couldn't resist it. If only I had someone tell me that it would've costed my freedom and life, I would've turned it down." Jodeci expressed.

"Lemme be the one to tell yo ass since nobody real enough to do it. This family has proven beyond measures that we are the most powerful and wealthy yet corrupt individuals that anybody has ever seen. Ain't nobody ever told you about the sick ass shit that Mareo has done to put the this damn triad on thin ice. And the longer you're his yes man, the more he gone show that he don't give a fuck about you or anybody else, whether that's platonically or romantically. Only the strong survive when niggas and bitches decide they wanna part of this lifestyle. But stick around, shit's gone get wicked, and I wanna see you have what it takes to last. Especially when you under my wing."