Chapter 1 ~Edited~

Third person pov:

Bakugou's eyes slowly drift open to a cream ceiling. He groans and turns around in his bed, closing his eyes, trying to fall back and play his role in his dream. "Get up, Katsuki!" A loud familiar woman's voice shouts from below. Bakugou bounds out of bed, not wanting to get his ear clipped again and quickly gets ready for school.

"Whatever, Old Hag!" Bakugou shouts at her as he enters the kitchen.

"Don't talk to me like that! I'm your mother," she replies harshly.

"Whatever..." Bakugou mutters and sits down at the table.

"Are you going to training tonight?" Mitsuki asks and sets a plate of eggs and toast in front of the angry blonde.

"I already told you. Becoming a hero is my dream now. I've given up on it," he mumbles.

"But you were always so graceful on the ice. Why don't you just go tonight. Your coach misses you and you don't want to put all those medals you've won to waste," she whines.

Bakugou growls and pushes the food away from him before abruptly standing up. "I already told you. I'm never going to do it again. I'm focused on becoming the number one hero, not some weird dorky figure skater!" He yells and storms out of the house, seeping in anger. "God, I hate that woman," Bakugou hisses under his breath.

***

"Yo, Bakugou!" A familiar voice greets loudly as Bakugou walks into class 1.A..

"What do you want, Shitty Hair?" Bakugou trudges over to his desk and sits down in a lazy position.

"Did you hear about our fieldtrip next week?" Kirishima asks with a hint of eagerness in his voice.

"What field trip?" He asks carelessly.

"Well Mr. Aizawa hasn't announced it yet, but I heard from the second years that for a whole week you train at the ice skating rink. It apparently really helped with their fighting skills and adaptation to new environments," Kirishima says. Bakugou shoots out of his seat, pushing it back with a loud ear-wrecking screech.

"What?" He shouts.

"Yeah, bro! We're going to the ice skating rink for a week. Isn't that cool?" Kirishima asks, oblivious to the anger that Bakugou radiates.

"No it isn't! Ice skating is a girly sport... Not meant for boys or uprising heroes!" He trash talks the sport, ignoring the pulling in his chest.

Kirishima's eyes widen in shock. "It's not a girly sport, Bakugou. Everyone can ice skate."

Bakugou exhales heavily and clicks his tongue before taking his seat again. If this was true, and they were really going to an ice rink, what was Bakugou going to do? He can't exactly tell the class that he used to do figure skating, but he also can't pretend as though he's never stepped foot on the ice before.

"Ok class, settle down. I have an announcement to make," Mr. Aizawa says as he stand in front of the class. "As many of you already know, we're going to the ice rink next week. You are not required to attain ice skates of your own as they will be provided for you in courtesy of the rink managers and your money. This is not a trip to have fun, it's a trip to help you adapt to new circumstances and help your fighting skills. You have the upcoming weekend to pack for the week. We will all be staying in a hotel and if you don't come, you're going to get expelled," Mr. Aizawa informs with an awkward but creepy smile at the end.

"Mina raises her hand. "If we have our own skates, can we bring them with us?" She asks excitedly. Everyone turns to face her, including Bakugou. 'Mina owns...skates?' Bakugou asks himself in shock.

"Uh, yes. Just don't go out spending money on them, please. Keep that money and save it for when you need it to fend for yourself... I forgot to mention as well, pack for seven days. The clothes must be appropriate for physical activity," Mr. Aizawa says.

Bakugou doesn't know what he should do. Should he bring his own skates or just rent some out? If he rents, will they be comfy enough? Should he bring his own but keep them hidden until he only use them if the rentals become to uncomfortable?

"You have the next twenty minutes to talk about whatever you want." Mr. Aizawa zips himself up in his yellow cocoon and falls asleep.

~Time skip to after school~

Bakugou's pov because I don't want to write in third person:

I've just finished my workout and am sweating like I've just been pushed into a pool. I grab my bottle off my desk and take massive gulps of water out of it. I'm at the dorms tonight, thankfully. Mom really wanted to discuss my ice skating last night so I had to spend the night there.

I grab a change of clothes and make my way to the men's bathroom, feeling exhausted. Because of the time, nobody is up. I'd started working out at eight and it is currently eleven. The whole class is super ecstatic about the upcoming trip to Ice Castle Hasetsu, even if it'll take three hours to get there. I'm the complete opposite of their excitement. My stupid old coach is going on a trip with his boyfriend from next Monday to Friday. If he sees me then he'll embarrass me in front of everyone. And worse, he'll blow my cover.

I strip off my clothes and slide into the bathtub. The hot water soothes my soar muscles. I sigh in pleasure. I clean myself and change into my pjs. I quietly walk back to my room and throw my dirty clothes into the wash basket. I turn the lights off and climb into my comfy bed, falling into a deep, calm sleep.