ch. two

chapter two

"YOU GUYS are really some assholes, you know that?" I growled at Gerry, but glance over to Dario and Ernesto, who didn't look my way. Raúl and I were on our way to the auditorium with Pablo, when we seen Luis getting bullied again by Gerry, but this time Gerry was pissing on Luis' drawing as Ernesto forced Luis to watch, "Seriously what the fuck is your problem?"

I shoved Gerry away from Luis' book-bag, causing him stumble back and glare my way, "Why do you always defend this kid, Kat? He's a pussy!"

"And you're a self-loathing piece of shit." I quickly remarked back, "What makes you think this is okay? How can you sleep at night?"

"Well," He paused, looking at his friends, "I sleep like baby, so.." At those words, I was about to step up to him, but Raúl held me back.

I snap my head over to him as he held onto my arm, "It's not worth it, Lina. Alright?" Raúl didn't like Gerry either. That's one of the many things we had in common, so I only nod and he lets me go before he went in his wallet and hand Luis some money as Gerry continued to talk shit. I didn't care to listen. "Here take it." Luis was in too much shock to even look Raúl's way, but Raúl placed the money in his hand anyways, "Grab this and get yourself a new book-bag. Get out of here."

"Come on, man," Pablo told Raúl before I went up to Luis.

"You okay?" I asked, but he didn't respond because he was too busy trying to hold back his tears, "Luis.."

"Lina," Raúl called me, but I continued on eye Luis, hoping he'd meet my eyes, "Lina, leave him, let's just go."

I hesitantly back away from him and walk up to Raúl before we all start walking to the parking lot. Raúl was quick to tell Gerry off, "When will you stop this, huh? The day he starts fighting back? Why don't you mess with this guy instead?"

He pointed over to Ernesto, who still didn't want to look at me. He knew how I was feeling right now and nothing he said would make me want to punch him less. Gerry scoffed, "I mess with whoever I want." He then looked at me with a smug look, "Do you want me to mess with you too, Kat?"

"I'd rather be buried alive than ever allow you to touch me, Gerry," I insulted, but spoke truthfully.

Raúl laughed at my words and Gerry looked his way, "What's so funny?"

"You, dumbass," Raúl chuckled, before he placed his arm on my shoulder, pulling me close to him as we continued to go to the auditorium. When we got there, the seats were filling up fast so we were separated from one another, except Pablo, me and Raúl since he wouldn't let me leave his side.

When everyone was seated, our principal, Quintanilla began his speech. There was no good reason as to why our class had to be down here to his speech about the use of technology. We weren't even able to use them in school. I groaned at this, glancing over at Raúl to see him on his phone briefly before I heard Quintanilla asked Bruno, his practical computer assistant, to play a video for him.

Though when he did, it wasn't a video about technology. It was about one of our friends, Isabela. I frowned at the screen, watching it question and talk about her childhood, before I glance over at her as she sat next to Pablo, "Did you do this?"

"Of course not," She whispered back, her confusion matching mine as most of the boys in the auditorium began talking about her ass in the pictures that popped up in the video.

"Bruno, take this off!" Quintanilla yelled at Bruno, rushing onto stage to try and get the video off of the screen. Though as he continued to try, the video kept playing and pictures of a boy began to show up now, but he was a little kid before they switched back to Isa, comparing the boy photos to her before showing her birth certificate that read she was born a boy.

I glanced back at Isa, who confusion turned to horror as some kids in the auditorium began to yell, "She's a dude?" and "Guys have penises!" God, it's 2019, grow a pair.

I looked around the auditorium, everyone staring at the video and laughing about it before I looked at Raúl, "Who would do this?"

He shrugged and I watched the video finish off with an account name to follow: @/_allyoursecrets_. I quickly pull out my phone to search up the name, but my legs get shoved to the side as Isabela stormed out of the row.

"Isabela!" I called for her, but so did Quintanilla as Nat, her sister, Maria and I hurried out of the auditorium to follow her. We watched her head into the bathroom, so we were right behind as we went in too.

We sat there in silence for minutes, no one knowing what to truly say, until Nat asked, "Why didn't you tell us?"

"I was going to," Isa sighed, "I'm not ashamed, really, I'm not. But I didn't want it to be like this. Now everyone will see me as a monster."

I put my hands in my pockets, "Whoever thinks that is really fucked in the head because you're amazing, Isa." She lets out a soft laugh, before I go over to her as she sat on the sink counter.

"Isa, you don't have to go through this alone," Nat told her, her eyes slightly red from crying, "That's what friends are for." I nod at Nat's words, watching Maria come up to Isa to hug her tight.

The rest of the day felt like shit seeing as everyone talked about and only talked about the person who exposed Isa. Then Pablo had some nerve to say that he didn't know about her, but he only did it because Gerry was nearby.

All of this made no sense in any way. Why would whoever put up that video just want to do it now? Out of random? Anyone is stupid to think this is last time we'll every hear from the guy.