ch. three

chapter three

IT'S ALMOST as if everything went to shit when I woke up the next morning. Practically everyone in my friend group got exposed for shit they kept secret about. Apparently, Pablo cheated on Isa, Nat stole from the school's fund towards our Nona, Raúl's father is also a thief and a crooked man, and Gerry is gay. Though, none of them is claiming any of it to be true.

The whole morning, I couldn't stop but ask myself: why wasn't I exposed along with them?

Even in lab today, as I sat next to Raúl, whose head was still buried in his phone. I groaned turning to him, "Hey," I whispered and he turned to me, meeting my eyes, "Do you want to talk about that Anonymous person?"

He raised a brow, "Why?"

"Because they had posted about with photos from that night at your house that we all swore to keep secret about," I explained, "Only us knew about that vault and those photos besides your dad."

"What are you saying? It was one of our friends who did this?" He questioned and I shrugged.

"I don't know, I'm just saying it's suspicious how only our friends are being targeted, like it's just within our group," I went on, but also bit my lip, "I'm worried I might be next, Raúl."

Raúl then let out a sigh, "Everything is going to be fine, Lina, I promise you. The person behind this is just.." He paused, glancing down at his phone again, "Just don't stress on it."

I rolled my eyes at his weak advice, "Wow, that just made my life fifty times better. Thanks."

He chuckled at my noticeable sarcasm, before Rosita spoke up, who was only a few seats from us as she sat next to Gerry, "What's up? Why is everyone so tense? Nat should be the only one tense."

When I first saw that post about her, I didn't believe that she could be capable to steal the school's money, but then I remember how most of our years together have I seen her flaunt a name brand item until a few months ago without the need for a job. Not even her own sister, Maria, has.

"No, Pablo should be tense," Gerry claimed before I glanced back at Isa as our teacher, Gabriela, walked in, greeting us.

"I know we're all a bit anxious about what happened, but let's try to focus in class, okay?" She asked of us and when none of disagreed, " She continued, "Let's start brainstorming for the science project."

She then turned to her board, raising one of the screens only for a large drawing of a penis to be shown with the words 'Pablo's Giant' written before it. The class couldn't help but snicker at it because everyone saw the video and what he sent to his 'bunny'.

"Why did you do this?"

"You went too far," Pablo spoke generally as he began to erase the drawing off the board, "Haven't you ever seen one this big?" I didn't hesitate to roll my eyes at his arrogant ways.

"Why are erasing it?" Gerry suddenly asked, before motioning over to Isa, "Let her do it. Isn't that her dick?"

I snapped my head over to him, "Do you really want to get punched in the mouth so early in the morning, Gerry?"

"Lina," Raúl called for me when I stood up from my stool, but I paid him no mind.

Gerry then smirked, "Are you obsessed with me or something, Kat? Seriously?"