ch. four

chapter four
(!trigger warning!)

LIKE I thought, Quintanilla is a pussy. None of us got suspended, only minimal threats that we could care less about. I couldn't help, but laugh about it as I sat with Isa after school, snacking on some pretzels. She furrowed her brows, "What's so funny?"

"Quintanilla." I simply answered and she cracked a smile as we sat outside the school on a secluded bench near the parking lot.

"That's not funny, he almost suspended us all," She told me and I laughed harder.

"He fucking wishes," I grinned, "One call from our parents and he's gonna shit himself on the spot." She then laughed, grabbing a pretzel when I held out my bag to her, but soon our laughter died down as we continued eating. I then look up at her with a raised brow, "So, you're really done with everyone?"

She met my eyes and shrugged, "Yeah, basically. Everyone, but you, is a complete asshole." She then grabbed my hand, intertwining it with hers, "You're the most realist person I know, Kat."

I grinned, before we both heard footsteps approaching us only to see it was Raúl, "Isa, Lina," He greeted, nodding to us both, but only I smiled at him. Isa took my pretzels and stuffed her face, looking away from him. She knows that Raúl is practically my other half, which pisses her off slightly, but she'll never say it out loud. Raúl then met my eyes, knowing Isa was going to ignore him, "You still need a ride home?"

I wish I could go home in my own car, but my mom needed it since her car needed repairs..again. I hummed at his question, but looked over at Isa, "You want me to come to your place instead?"

She quickly shook her head, "No, it's fine. I have to do something for my mom anyways." I nodded before grabbing my bag and standing up, though I stopped to lean down and give her a kiss on the cheek, "Call me, tonight?"

"Of course," I smiled before Raúl walks away and I catch up behind him.

"On a scale from 1-10, how bad does she hate me? 10 being: she'll murder me in my sleep?" Raúl asked me and I shrugged.

"Definitely no 10, but maybe a 5?" I shrugged, unsure, "You did pick her to get exposed, Raúl."

He groaned, "What else was I supposed to do? Have my family get exposed for extortion?"

"Well, regardless it would have still happened. Did you not see the post?" I retorted as we got in his car, but then I noticed he didn't respond, so I went on, "Why didn't you pick me?"

"What?" He asked as he backed out of his spot.

I turn in my seat to look at him, "Why didn't you choose me over Isa?"

"Because you're my best friend, Lina. I wouldn't do that to you," He explained, "If I had to choose me or you to get our dirty laundry aired by Anonymous, I would choose me a hundred times over." I didn't respond, so he glanced over at me, "What's wrong?"

"I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop," I sighed, "Like it's not making sense. Isa, you, Nat, Pablo- even fucking Gerry got posted about by this anonymous person and not me. That's practically our whole friend group."

"Do you have something to hide that I don't know about?" He questioned, raising a brow jokingly.

I give him a look, "I tell you almost everything, Raúl."