ch. five

chapter five

"GEEZ, WHAT the fuck happened to you eye?" I immediately asked Raúl as he walked up to me. I grab his chin, forcing him to look at me as I examine the bruise on his left eye as if he got punched, "Did someone hit you?"

"I tripped," He mumbled and I give him a look, "On my way home, coming out of my car."

I remove my hand off him to cross my arms across my chest and raise a brow at him, "You want to come up with a better lie or stick with that one?"

He huffed, "It's no big deal, Lina. Leave it."

"Raúl, you look like you got punched in the face." I stated the obvious, "And I want to know by who so I can beat the living shit out of -"

"It was my dad, alright?" He interrupted, spitting out his words quick before looking around to see if anyone was listening. When there weren't, he gently grabbed my elbow and pulled me towards the wall in the corridor, "He had his partners over shredding every ounce of evidence that can lead cops to finding out where he got the money from and it's all because of one stupid picture I took."

"My god, Raúl," I sighed lightly, raising my hand to touch his bruise gently, but he hissed, "Your father's an asshole."

"Like father, like son?" He wondered and I shook my head.

"You are nothing like him, okay?" I assured, "He's a crooked and conniving man, and you are nowhere like that."

He smiled, nodding a bit before we heard a whistle behind us, "Get a room, you two." I turned to see Gerry approach us with Dario and Ernesto behind him, "There's about a hundred classrooms in this school and you too choose to be all 'lovey dovey' in the hallway?" He then pretended to gag before I flipped him off.

"Don't you guys have a threesome to cook up in the parking lot or is that later tonight at your house?" I retorted and Gerry smirked.

"Why, want to join?" He questioned back and I rolled my eyes, "Look, Kat, Rosita and I are over, so if you ever want to come by my house and-"

"Gerry, save yourself from embarrassment, alright?" Raúl suggested and Gerry furrowed his brows at him.

"That's coming from the guy with a black eye?" Gerry wondered and Raúl stepped up to him, but I grabbed his wrist.

"Come on, Raúl. I want to get some stuff from the vending machine." I tugged on his hand, having his hesitantly following behind me, so we can leave Gerry and his posse.

"When did he become such a dick?" Raúl grumbled, not caring that I was still holding onto him.

I chuckled, "Since Freshman year, and maybe longer," I then glanced at him, "You know better than I not to get into anything with him because he just takes it as a joke."

"He is the joke," He grunted before we reach the vending machine. I buy us both a bag of chips and peanuts. "You heard it was Luis?"

I look up from my chips at his sudden question, "Being Anonymous?" He nodded, so I scoffed, shaking my head, "It's not him."

"How? The kid literally confessed in front of everyone," He wondered, "Who can be more guilty than someone who confessed?"