05 ;; late night calls

the brunette smiled to himself when he remembered jeon jeongguk.

"why are you so nice?" he muttered under his breath and closed his eyes only to reopen them when his phone started vibrating under his pillow.

lazily pulling it out, he saw it was a call from someone unknown and taehyung had a thing for unknown numbers, he answered it faster than any of his know calls.

"taehyung here." the brunette started and got the hint of who that could be when he heard him clearing his voice.

"jeon jeongguk here."

"how did you get my number? and why aren't you still asleep? it's fucking 3:17 am." taehyung bombarded the older with questions and carried on, "are you insomniac or my thoughts aren't letting you sleep, huh?"

jeongguk heard the other letting out a small chuckle and he swears, that deep voice belonging to the other kinda managed to give him tingles.

"what do you think?" jeongguk replied with another question.

"tell me and also how did you get my number?"

"i got it from your mom and about why i ain't sleeping yet, it's not insomnia, the culprit is you." jeongguk said laughing which made taehyung smile on the other line.

"your pretty face flashes in front of mine. not my fault. it's not letting me sleep." jeongguk didn't even had to try hard to flirt cause all he was doing was telling the truth.

"where is that jeongguk i met about two days ago? you surely are someone else." taehyung questioned, his fingers fiddling with the oxygen tubes behind his right ear.

"to be honest, the first day, i came to your house was because i kinda felt guilty. i don't know why but then the next day i found out that you are actually so pretty that i can't but stare at you―" taehyung was deeply anticipating the other's next words, a small smile was already visible.

"and today, i already figured out that i just don't wanna see you because you are pretty, i wanna see you because i want to know more about you." jeongguk finished leaving taehyung a blushing mess but unfortunately he couldn't encounter this cute boy with his own eyes.

"jesus jeongguk! you are already in love with me." taehyung laughed while jeongguk remained silent for a moment.

"is this your favorite line? do you say this to everyone?"

"after i found out that i have tumors and that my lungs are pretty useless, i figured out another thing that people are actually noticing me after that, showing more affection than they ever had. so i ask that question to everyone." taehyung explained.

"you aren't special jeon jeongguk."

"how are you so cool about these stuff?" jeongguk asked for the nth time now.

"then what do you expect me to do? cry over the fact that i don't have much time. crying over all these won't bring me more time jeongguk. it's an horrible idea to waste my left over time in crying and being sad."

"you can't predict that you actually have limited time. there are miracles. you might live longer than my ninety year old aunt." jeongguk said while taehyung giggled.

"this is real life gguk, and miracles aren't real. they can only be in fictions." taehyung sighed and for the first time jeongguk felt the pain in the other's voice.

and he hated it.

"hey i love the nickname you just gave me. don't tell me you are falling in love with me." jeongguk tried to lift the mood in which he kinda succeeded.

"that's you who's falling. i can never. you are trying too hard and i hate it." taehyung scoffed.

"hey appreciate my efforts!"

"by the way, why is the most popular boy― i mean 'the jeon jeongguk' even doing the efforts? for a boy tangled up with oxygen tubes with barely a year in hand to live."

"this seems unreal―" taehyung added.

"you literally are a big fat meanie kim taehyung. here i am trying to not talk about dying and you are just not leaving it." jeongguk sighed softly.

"gguk, we all need to die. i need to die, you need to die. it's just i know how and apparently when and you don't."

silence engulfed both of them and they both stayed quiet for some time.

"i watched 365 days―"  taehyung suddenly blurted out, laughing, "don't tell my mom."

"did you like it?"

jeongguk really wanted to know.

"it was just some straight porn and it was like i was just staring at the screen feeling nothing." taehyung shared his experience making jeongguk laugh.

"i know right."

"so you coming tomorrow too right?"

"yeah, can't afford to not see you for a single day, can i?" jeongguk again went back to flirting.

"i will be waiting, gguk."

//////////////////////////

sorry, short chapter :'(