Chapter 4: The Search

Time skip: a few days later

Setting: cliffside forest

Team RWBY and JNPR were still investigating, to the site where Jaune disappeared. Ozpin suggested that the other students must help in the investigation, while the other students investigate the other parts of the forest, Ruby and Pyrrha were investigating in the middle of the forest,

"The intel we got is that Jaune was last seen here," Pyrrha said.

"Well, I hope that intel was worth it, cause all I see are bushes and trees everywhere," Ruby stated while combing through the bushes.

Pyrrha still tried to look for something but none showed, as they were looking around the other team came, Coco Adel leader of Team CFVY and even Velvet Scarlatina came to help us.

"Hey guys, need help?" Coco asked,

"Sure, thanks!" ruby said.

Then the group helped Ruby and Pyrrha in the search, they searched through bushes to bushes looking for their lost friend. The group split to cover more ground, Velvet went with Ruby and Pyrrha, to search the other part of the forest,

"Hey thanks, for letting come with you guys," Velvet said.

"No worries, we need all the help we can get," Ruby said.

"Velvet, I've been meaning to ask why did you want to come with us?" Pyrrha asked curiously.

Velvet looked away from their sight and blushed cherry red,

"Well if it weren't for Jaune I wouldn't be here with Team CFVY, who supported me, even though I was a Faunus," she said. "And I would like to personally thank Jaune for helping me and try to stand up against Cardin, but now I think I developed a crush or a certain Interest on Jaune,"

Both Ruby and Pyrrha were surprised, but especially Pyrrha she had an interest in Jaune when they were partners during the entrance test.

"Oh, you took a liking to Jaune I see," Pyrrha said.

"Yes, but I hope we can find him soon though, cause he's our friend and ally" Velvet stated.

They continued on, looking for Jaune until,

"GUYS!!!" Blake's voice called out in the farthest part of the forest.

All the teams rushed to Blake when they saw a puddle of Black substance and lots of scratch marks on trees and on the ground, even some of the trees were cut off clean. Ruby inspected the scratch marks, she was stunned by how clean the scratches were.

"These marks were possibly made by Grimm" she stated, "but the other marks are not made by Grimm, it's most likely a giant blade"

"But how can we tell which mark is from Grimm and which is not?" Yang asked.

"Don't worry I upgraded my Anesidora, to scan and project what kind of weapon or Grimm that made these marks," she said, pulling out her Camera.

Then she took a picture of the scratch marks on the tree, then she projected it showing a picture of a Beowolf Grimm. All of the teams were surprised that Velvet's weapon came in handy with their investigation, then she turned to the tree that has been cut off clean she took a picture and tried to project as she projected, it showed a nothing it said; 'unknown weapon or recorded Grimm found'.

"What?!" Velvet exclaimed, "I'll try again, maybe it's just a glitch"

She tried to project it again but none came out,

"This doesn't make any sense, it showed no signs of recorded Grimm nor type of weapon used in this," she said. "It's like it's not from this world"

Everyone was shocked by the discovery, 'something that is not from our world' they thought, then Mr. Ozpin and Ms. Glynda came to see the progress.

"So did we find any progress?" he asked the whole class.

The all went silent, Ozpin saw their faces and looked at Ms. Glynda but then she shook her head, and he sighed knowing they haven't succeeded. As they were sulking a scroll rang it was Ms. Glynda's she quickly answered it and turned to go to a good place away from the crowd,

"Hello," she answered her scroll,

"Councilman, what is it?"

"Sorry, Mr. Ozpin is a bit busy at the moment, can I ask what is it you wanted to talk?"

"Terminate the search?" she said, then all of the students even Ozpin turned their heads towards Ms. Glynda.

"May we know the reason why?" she asked cautiously "it's classified"

"BUT SIR!" she exclaimed,

"Understood, I will tell Ozpin right away," she said and ended the call, then she went to Ozpin and the students looking a bit burdened.

"Who was that on the scroll, Ms. Glynda?" Jean asked.

"It was the council, they just terminated the investigation, it seems that we have a new agenda in our hands" she answered.

The whole group went silent Jean fell to her knees, Pyrrha was disappointed, and Velvet lowered her head.

"Not to worry children there, will come a time that Mr. Arc is still alive and we will find him in the future, but now we must leave this investigation to the proper authorities," Mr. Ozpin said, calming down the disappointed students. "And besides, no trouble will fall upon us, I am sure of that"

Meanwhile; in a forest far from the kingdom

In the deepest part of the forest, a pack of Beowolf was running through the woods feeling afraid, when the small group of Beowolf was snatched, by a huge monster, it killed a few numbers of them and ate their bodies even though it faded. 

It was also drinking the blood of the Grimm after it was done, it turned its body black and with white shells around, also making blades out of its back

It was also drinking the blood of the Grimm after it was done, it turned its body black and with white shells around, also making blades out of its back. It roared loud and multiplying itself into different versions of itself.